Top 10 Things Not to Say to HG Women
The HER Foundation recently asked HG women on Facebook..."What were some of your least favorite common phrases you heard while struggling through HG?" Here are the winners, or should we say losers...
The results are in on the TOP 10 things not to say to an HG woman...
10. Being sick is a sign of a healthy pregnancy
9. Don't be such a drama queen, perhaps you should see a psychiatrist
8. Take a shower and then take a walk outside
7. You should feel better by now, it's been 3 months
6. Eat lots of small meals daily
5. Think positive, it's mind over matter
4. Try seabands
3. You should try ginger
2. Eat some crackers
and the #1 thing not to say to an HG woman is...
Oh, I was sick too when I was pregnant too!
If you have been guilty of saying one of these phrases to an HG woman, than you need to educate yourself about HG. Education is power and HG women need their family, friends, doctors and nurses to educate themselves about this horrific pregnancy condition. Research has proven HG is not a "mind over matter" issue it is a physiological condition of pregnancy.
Updated on: Apr. 21, 2013