Gall Bladder Surprise

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Gall Bladder Surprise

Postby HGx3 » Jun 11, 2004 4:58 pm

Well, I was rushed to the hospital Monday night b.c I was having severe back pain and vomiting. After 12 hours in the er, I was rushed to emergency surgery for gall stones. The surgeon said it was horrible, and the pathology report found ganegreen(sp)!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how much of this contributed to my pregnancy misery? This was the ONLY pg that I didnt have my gall bladder checked. I am feeling better and home today from the hospital. Just wanted to update you guys.

Lisa
Last edited by HGx3 on Jan 07, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby jenniz » Jun 11, 2004 11:04 pm

:shock:

Lisa!

I'm so sorry that that happened! I'm glad you're feeling better now, but OH MY!!!

I didn't have my gallbladder checked at all during my first pregnancy, but it is one of the first things they checked this time...mine was fine.

I hope you are recuperating well. Sending healing prayers your way!
________
Weed Vaporizers
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby HGx3 » Jun 12, 2004 12:09 am

Jenni,

Thanks so much for the prayers. I am telling you what...I have been thru so much just in the past two weeks, and I would not have made it thru without lots of prayers and God himself. The surgeon told us that if my gall bladder had prefforated, I could possibly be dead. I know HE had his hand on me the entire time.

I am going to get better. I keep hitting brick walls, but I am determined to bypass them somehow. Thank you for being there, I really appreciate it.

I was actually bragging on you yesterday. I was talking with someone about hg, and I was telling her how amazing you are to have become ill at 4 days conception, suffered from hellp and hg...WOW!!!! I was feeling sorry for myself when mine hit early at 4 weeks...lol

I would love to hear more about your experience with hellp, if you dont mind sharing......

Talk to you soon.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Cheri » Jun 13, 2004 3:16 pm

Oh my word Lisa,
What a shock! I am so glad they found it in time!! The stories you'll have to tell you're kids some day!! You deserve a medal for all you've gone through!!

I hope you are doing better & recovering well!!

Hugs,
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby HGx3 » Jun 13, 2004 5:57 pm

Thank you. I am just hanging in there. I am actually having some nausea with it, which really stinks!!!!!I will make it.............

Lisa
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 14, 2004 12:33 am

Hey, Lisa :)

How are you feeling? Still nauseated? Could it be residual sludge from the gallbladder? As I told you, I had mine removed after Brody, but I've still had pains in that vicinity over the years. It is possible to still have gallbladder attacks with no gallbladder, as sludge or stones can still be hanging around in the ducts leading from the liver. Something to mention to your doctor, definitely. You deserve to have a happy, healthy, sunshiney time from here on out. Hugs, Sweetie - I'm thinking of you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby HGx3 » Jun 14, 2004 12:36 pm

Hey Pamela

I am still feel nauseated, so I called th doc. I am going in today to see him about it. I will updaye you when I get back.

Josh went to his 2wkckup 2 day, lil piggy is 9lbs 7oz!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Goo to gallbladders

Postby jkschiller01 » Jun 16, 2004 2:36 pm

Lisa:

Wow...sounds like you have really been through the wringer the past weeks. I'm so glad that everything was caught in time. What a scary thing.

I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear your little one is doing well.

Hugs, Karen
HuGS, Karen
HG and PPD survivor and Proud Momma of
Nicholas George born 03/14/04.
Rochester, NY
jkschiller01

Postby Linablu » Jun 16, 2004 4:33 pm

OMG! I just read this! How TERRIBLE! I haven't had my gall bladder checked during this pregnancy either, now I'm going to worry! I hope you are doing better!
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jun 16, 2004 5:01 pm

thank you Karen. I have really been thru it these past three weeks, but I am doing better, emotionally that is. I do still want to talk to you about it over the phone, i just havent had a chance to call yet.
How are you doing? Is Nicholas sleeping thru thr nite yet? Hope all is well

Chrissy_ it isnt a bad idea to have your GB checked out, of course, there isnt too much you can do while you are pg. If they had found out mine was bad while pg, I prob would have opted to wait to have it removed after the baby was born. i wouldnt want to jeopridize things, unless of course it was life threatening, which in my case, it was. Fortunatly, things didnt get unbareable until after Josh was here, so I am reaaly lucky!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 04, 2004 11:59 am

Good grief! The things I miss around here with a work deadline pulling me away from the boards!

How are you? Naturally, I think you should try B6, or something for the nausea - so tempting to "demand Zofran", lol. B6 actually helped when I was nauseas on the birth control pills last summer the Dr. put me on to shrink my cyst that was actually a fybroid and waste of time! Not that I'm bitter about that or anything :lol: .

Hope things are going better for you and that looking back that your healing was complicated by this condition and that soon your healing will be swifter and surer, emotionally, too.

Life threatening - so scary.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum