Introduction

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Introduction

Postby HGx3 » Jun 07, 2004 6:02 pm

Hi there breastfeeding mommies! Congratulations on you decison to give your baby a special piece of yourself. Breastfeeding can sometimes be difficult, and many questions arise. I will be happy to try to give you any advise that I can. It is my hope to become a Board certified lactation consultant. I feel compelled to do so b/c I have encountered many hardships in my b/f jorney. I nursed my son for one yr, my daughter for 18 months and am now nursing our 2 wk old son. I have experienced cracked sore bleeding nipples, engogement, thrush, vasospasm and have helped a few friends thru severe mastitis

I had chellenging babies that didnt want to latch properly.....it was with the help of a WONDERFUL lactation consultant that I was successful. I hope ro be a rock for someone too.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Traci in Japan » Jun 14, 2004 2:29 am

Hi Lisa

I'm just getting a feel for the new site and saw your name. I wanted to say congratulations on your new baby. I know I missed replying to you a couple of times when we were in our last trimester.

My Kalan is sleeping and feeding well. My parents have been visiting and I was so incredibly busy but it was nice to have them here.

I have also learnt to breastfeed a baby in a sling while walking around the shops translating for my mother!! A skill I had never imagined possible before. :lol:

My folks left a few days ago and I have since had a crash course in having 3 little ones and only one pair of hands. My 2 year old will take every opportunity to try and carry Kalan around so we have just set up a room to lock the baby in. We took off one door and screened it and added locks so now I can lock him in and still see and hear him and he is safe from loving kisses (read thumps).

How are things with you?

How are
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jun 14, 2004 12:31 pm

hey Traci!!!! I am so glad to hear from you. I am happy to hear that Kalan is doing well. I know what you mean about juggling 3 kids with one pair of hands. I am not entirely on my own yet, but will be in a week or so. Things have been crazy for me since my delivery.

Josh came out face up and caused some problems. ne spent a few nites in the NICU. That upset me. Then, last Tuesday, I had my gallbladder removed!!!! I am still just so happy that my pg is over....I know you are too.

Josh went for his 2 week ckup today...at 3 weeks of age, he is 9lbs 7oz, so I am pleased with how well he is nursing. My other two are great with him, but like you, I have to watch about them picking him up and trying to carry him around.the house.

I am planning a tubal around 6 weeks from now, I just need time to recover from childbirth and surgery.

All in all, things are preety good right now. I am just rying to figure out the new board...lol

Talk to you soon!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum