BOYS OR GIRLS

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

BOYS OR GIRLS

Postby mhansell » Jun 08, 2004 10:01 pm

Hello everyone. I wanted to know if suffers of HG are more likely to have boys or girls?

I have two sons. Wondering if I was to have a third baby and it was a girl if I would suffer with HG again.

Mary :)
I survive 2 pregnancy enduring HG and I have two beautiful sons to prove it.
Christopher(2001)
Nicholas(2004)
DH Geoffrey
mhansell

Postby mandy » Jun 09, 2004 5:29 am

Just my personal experience. I have had one of each, girl and boy. Both pregnancies were very similar in the level of hg. Infact I really thought my second would be another girl as the pregnancy felt the same. Hg improved abit at around 20ish weeks with both and vomiting returned at 33+ weeks with both (although worse then with my daughter).
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby _Laurie » Jun 09, 2004 6:35 am

Two girls here, and 2 miserable pregnancies that I dealt with HG the whole 9 months.

Some friends tell me that if I have a boy, I won't be sick. Well, what do they know about HG? Nothing else they say is right. :roll:

I think from what we've see here over the years (many many ladies with both sexes) is enough to tell us that boy or girl, it doesn't matter... It would sure be wonderful if you didn't have HG, but I would go ahead and prepare like you will deal with it again.

Hugs and good luck Mary, :wink:
Laurie
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby toryandrew » Jun 09, 2004 11:46 am

I have one boy and expecting another. My doctor told me that generally people suffer more normal morning sickness with girls because of the increased hormones. I don't know how that affects HG symptoms though.

Tory
Portland, ME
toryandrew

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 09, 2004 6:54 pm

Some studies suggest that morning sickness is worse with female fetuses due to increased hormone load, but HG is not morning sickness, so there seems to be little correlation there. HG pregnancies can differ in intensity regardless of baby's sex, so you never know what you're in for. I had 1 son, 2 daughters, and an early miscarriage; the pattern of my HG was very different with my older daughter, and based on patterns and the fact that HGs 1,2,4 were similar, we guessed that Baby #4 would be another boy. Wrong! Your HG is bound to be similar with another baby regardless of boy or girl, and most of the repeat HGers here can attest to that! :wink:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 10, 2004 12:06 pm

The sex of the baby is not an indicator of the severity of HG. The two worst cases I've seen are 50/50, one girl, one boy. :)

I had one boy, and one girl, and miscarried the 3rd. My girl was my sicker pg, but much more likely because it was my 2nd pg. That is something that carries much more weight. I'd say 90% of HGers have worse and worse pgs - regardless if they are carrying boys or girls. The biggest difference in how miserable they are is proactive treatment and better drugs, and less stress. There's a research forum you can ask further questions like this in. :) Then others can read the responses there, too! Lots of women ask this one.

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby cthmschler » Jun 13, 2004 2:22 pm

LOL, My mother was always convinced that if we (one of my sisters and I suffer from HG) were pregnant with a girl, the HG would be LESS. Then when my sister finally had a girl (her fourth pregnancy) she was convinced that she was SICKER that time BECAUSE it was a girl :lol: Knowing HG much more intimately than I would like, this being my fifth pregnancy, I would say that she was just sicker because HG seems to get worse every time, for some people. I especially say this as I am sicker in this, my 4th HG pregnancy, than she was in any of her pregnancies, and am having yet ANOTHER BOY :P When I have this baby, my parents will have 16 grandchildren, and only 3 granddaughters :lol:
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Postby Lynan » Jun 22, 2004 5:34 pm

I don't think it makes a difference for me. I have 4 boys and have been told our new one coming 8/2 is a girl. The only difference really this time is that I usually don't experience much nausea at all by this point and mornings have become a little difficult again. But then, mornings were difficult all the way through with boy #1. So who knows?
Lyn
Lynan

Return to New to the Forums