successful fast food?

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

successful fast food?

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 04, 2005 6:52 pm

Since no one is allowed to cook in or near my house, I rely on fast food when I can actually manage to eat a "meal." The following have worked....

1. Boston Market...all sorts of mashed stuff. I get the veggy side, which comes with a little corn muffin...no messing with meats and sauces and yuck. Be careful as garlic butter is on most of the veggies, but the squash, yams, mac and cheese, mashed potatos, steamed veggies are safe. You can see everything and really pick what might be appealing. Gravy on the side for dipping if you feel fancy with the potatos. And you can get a fountain drink of your choice, which includes really excellent ice cubes and a straw :wink: . And lots of little packets of salt :!: It was like a lemming run of pg women going in the door tonight...not kidding :lol: :lol: .

2. Wendy's...baked potatos and homestyle chicken strips. Okay okay, I know I'm a vegetarian, BUT when pg, I just eat what stays down and these work....even though I tend to be allergic to chicken and all related foods when not pg.

3. McDonald's...egg mcmuffins have fallen out of favor for me, but they worked for a while.

What works for you?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Beth B » Jun 04, 2005 7:05 pm

Arby's chicken fillet sandwich with just mayo - no tomato or lettuce. Their breading isn't spicy (pepper, garlic etc. = bad!) and the chicken is good. The homestyle fries are nice and salty, too.
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby emily » Jun 04, 2005 7:19 pm

Wendy's baked potatoes were a life saver my first pg and this one as well. I don't think I ate a single one BETWEEN my pgs!

McDonalds, I like to get a double cheeseburger with ketchup only. That is a third trimester thing though.

Ugh, it all sounds gross right now. Funny, I couldn't drink water for my entire pg until about 2 weeks ago and now it is all I can drink. That is just so freakin weird!!!!
emily
Devoted to You

Postby Kariinbliss » Jun 07, 2005 11:45 am

So far McDonald's Fruit and Walnut Salads have worked for me (minus the walnuts... lol). Their OJ is really good, too! It seems like I can't eat anything except fruit, but haven't tried a baked potato yet! That sounds good! :-)
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 07, 2005 11:53 am

Beth,

The chicken sandwich from Wendy's, just as you describe it, worked for me yesterday. Thank you.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Beth B » Jun 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Glad to help! Dh and I are recovering from food poisoning (ironic, no?) and an Arby's chicken sandwich worked fine for me last night, too. :-)
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby caleighbelle47 » Jul 02, 2005 3:14 am

I was able to keep down Strawberry Parfaits from KFC in the first trimester of both pregnancies. I usually only ate the whipped cream and strawberry part, the bottom crust part wasn't very good.

Also Wendy's baked potatoes are very good. And McDonalds's egg McMuffins but I would get it with the folded egg instead of the poached egg, I couldn't stand the other type of egg. And the hash brown's always worked.

From burger king I could actually eat an entire whopper jr. without onions. Even would I could barely eat anything the whopper worked, that was in the beginning though and we lived so far from burger king that I didn't eat it often and never got sick of it.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby alfiehenry » Jul 20, 2005 8:46 pm

i get the feeling a lot of you are not in the U.S., southern U.S., to be specific; if that's the case, i'm so sorry you can't enjoy the magic of Chik-fil-A. i should own stock in that company.

they have a grilled chicken wrap (they call it a 'cool wrap') that's worked and then their regular chicken sandwich--which comes bone dry except for 2 pickles which i promptly yank off and toss--has also worked.

when i say it 'worked,' i mean they stayed down for 2-3 hours. that's better than most things these days and it's the one (well, two) things that are actually tasty to me...

hugs--
LB
alfiehenry
Been There Done That

Postby Beth B » Jul 21, 2005 2:02 pm

I'd add in a plain turkey sub on wheat with American cheese and nothing else from Subway. I've been having bread cravings a lot and this fits the bill nicely.
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby natnkatsmommy » Jul 21, 2005 4:41 pm

Someone on another post said club sandwiches, so today I tried a blt from Mcdonalds....wow...might be the yummiest thing I've had all month. Cool and crisp and still has protien. MMMmmmm
natnkatsmommy

Postby Shelby_S » Sep 25, 2005 9:27 pm

Seriously, right now all I ever keep down is Sonic's Strawberry Limeade's. My neighbor swears it's cause of the ginger ale they put in them, but I swear by the Zofran. Who knows? but they work!
Shelby_S

Postby kmomto6 » Oct 14, 2005 12:20 pm

Chicken tenders from BK, chicken or turkey sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwich with nothing on it....are we seeing a theme here :-)
kmomto6
Opinionated HGer

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 14, 2005 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: I had to post, because I am eating McD's. This seems to be something I can keep down all the sudden, and I hope there is some protien in this 'meat'. I try not to think about it too much.

before that, it was turkey sub (subway) w/ provolone cheese, olives, pickles, and peperchinis only (w/ oil and vinigar and salt and vinigar chips inside the sandwich).
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby kmomto6 » Oct 14, 2005 4:05 pm

So you have the salt thing going on to? I'd hazard a guess it's to balance out the electrolyte depletion. I am a saltaholic all of a sudden this time too. Nothing sounds better to me than a pickle and I'm salting anything I eat except popsicles.
kmomto6
Opinionated HGer

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 14, 2005 4:07 pm

OMG! I salt EVERYTHING!!! I did not even have a salt shaker before I got pg, but now...I on;t eat it w/ out loads of salt and I have refilled that thing more then I care to admit.

It feels like it helps the stomach acid too, though maybe that is just me being nuts.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Oct 14, 2005 7:54 pm

During my pg I just wanted one of those big salt licks like the cows get for beside my bed!

A&W teen burger worked for few weeks, McDonalds worked well but the item switched. I would reccomend not even trying a big mac! :oops: and Ham and cheese subwaus subs and the fruizzle from them was awesome!
I found french fries worked too.

With all the fast food you would think I should have gained huh?
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby poutyangel » Oct 14, 2005 8:48 pm

Yuuummmm salt(insert homer simpson drool here). I also have been doing the subway veggies sandwiches and deli ones at home, but they have to have this sweet hot mustard I found with a salty dill pickle on the side. I've thru more vlasic pickles in the last month than I ever have.

By the way my dh comes home with some new food every day. He says "when Im out I try to think what a pregnant lady would like". So far there have been pringles, salads, white castle burgers, hot soft pretels,chocalate pudding and a whole list of other things. I'm glad that he also is willing to wisk teh item away when he sees me turning green.
Mom to
*Hailey 6-28-00*
*Regan 4-10-06*
poutyangel
Welcomed Friend

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 14, 2005 9:21 pm

LOL if I would have eaten the meal I had today (super HG achievement) pre-pregnancy, I would have gained at least 5 pounds in one sitting LOL
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 23, 2005 7:46 pm

Here's an odd one: Taco Bell's bean burrito WITHOUT red sauce or onion. Worked well, very filling, and has protein with the fat. 8)
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby AmberWest » Oct 24, 2005 9:46 pm

During my pg I just wanted one of those big salt licks like the cows get for beside my bed!
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me these days it's (so long as I have my zantac) FRENCH FRIES! :D Needless to say, with tons of salt. If the DP even puts his hand near my fries he risks pulling back a bloody stump. :twisted:
AmberWest
Master of HG

Next

Return to Foodments