Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click away...

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Postby Kariinbliss » May 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Hi! I am 5 weeks pregnant with #3, and scared to death that history will repeat itself! My HG was pretty bad with my first, HORRIBLE with my second (hospitalized twice, went from 123 to 107 in just a couple weeks, and was told to terminate, which I refused to do), and decided then never to have another. Well, we made the decision at the insistence of 5 ER doctors and my gastroenterologist! Well, 10 years is a lot of time for the horror to fade, and we went ahead and tried for another. Unfortunately, the nausea is getting a little worse each day, and I am dreading the day I go into full HG again. Talking to other moms who have gone through this will be SO helpful to me, as I am the only person I know who has. It's great to know that it isn't all in our heads, or that we just have "issues." I am in Idaho, but would be happy to talk to anyone! Thanks so much for having this site!!
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » May 13, 2005 8:39 pm

I have a great volunteer in Idaho - Just email or PM me with your information (name, general location, and email), and I'll get you in touch with her. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Ohio

Postby DH22 » May 20, 2005 2:57 pm

I am 6 weeks pg with #2 and soooo sick. i was sick my whole pregnancy with my daughter. I am currently on zofran and would love to find someone in my area to talk to. I live in cleveland. My email is tndhoward@yahoo.com
Thanks
Debbie
DH22

Postby PamelaRose » May 20, 2005 4:52 pm

No problem, Debbie. I've got a great volunteer in Cleveland--I'll be in touch soon!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Hello, I need a buddy

Postby mari » May 26, 2005 7:24 am

Hello,
I am almost 5 weeks pregnant, just found out 2 days ago. I did not prepare for this pregnancy even though I promised myself I would. It was kind of a last moment thing not really well planned, anyway, I have not started doing anything except taking my prenatals (a special kind for sensitive stomachs) and I just started 100mg pills , one a day, of B6. JUst started the b6 yesterday.

All I have now is bloating and some heartburn, felt a little nauseated, but i don't know if it is a sign that HG is starting or if it is psycological because I am so scared.

I had HG once with my first pregnancy. I lost 11 pounds which is about 9% of my prepregn weight, I was admitted to hte hospital once for 5 days and went to the ER once. I took so much Zofran in all forms and sizes (regular, ODT, IV, pump) reglan and pepcid.

My husband and I have agreed to wait till our baby is 12 weeks before taking any meds which would mean that it would be too late when we start controlling this. I just don't want to give meds to a very fragile baby during the first 12 weeks.

I see a lot of women have a plan that they discuss with their doctors, I have not chosen a doctor yet even though I am visiting one soon from the same practice that I used last time. I want to talk to her and basically ask her about what type of treatments she would do to prevent or treat HG.

I am in Austin, TX. 31 years old. and pregnant with second baby, very very happy, we think it is going to be a boy.

Thanks for any help. Do you need my email?
Had HG in 2003 with my first child. had HG again in 2005 with my second and last child.
mari

Take those meds if you need them!

Postby rjdecker » May 26, 2005 9:54 am

Mari,
Congratulations on your pg! That is wonderful. I just want to give a little advice on waiting to take any meds until 12 weeks. It is noble to want to wait that long, and if you have a "normal" pg, that is good. Chances are you are going to get HG again. It would be more dangerous to your baby to get so sick. There are safe drugs out there to help you along. Don't be afraid to try them. It is a gift to your baby to stay on top as much as you can. You are right, by the time you are 12 weeks, it will be way under way and you will probably need something. Please don't let it get out of hand. It will be so much harder on you and your baby. The baby will be okay. Most HG mothers have very healthy little ones! Keep that in mind, and most of us, if not all, are taking stuff to help us out. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » May 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Welcome, Mari. Just email or PM me with your email address, and I'll be in touch with you about a volunteer.

As Jenny said, untreated HG can be much more risky for both mother and baby than carefully monitored med-use. However, it is certainly your call, and there are treatments that do not use medication. Homeopathy, accupuncture, hypnotherapy are some options. Many cultures use a minimum-meds approach to HG treatment and rely instead on constant IV hydration to keep the body going during the worst of the illness. You can up your B6 to 150 mg and take up to 3 Unisom tabs per day. I wish you all the best!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Buddy System

Postby AmberWest » Jun 08, 2005 7:46 pm

Hello,

My name is Amber. I'm 37 years old and this is my 4th attempt at having a baby. I can't say it was actually planned, but it is something that we want very badly. I am currently 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and it's starting again, the sickness. In all of my past attempts, the last one being 10 years ago, all trys resulted in serious hyperemesis and were aborted or lost before I left my 1st trimester because I wasn't getting any care beyond the typical IVs, suggestions it was all in my head, and anti-nausea medications that helped not at all and sometimes made me feel worse. I'm normally from Chicago but now find myself living in Asheville NC in the south which scares me silly. Everything I've tried to find in the way of support or doctors that have experience in this is discouraging. And more often than not they all seem to link to some religious org. that in short tells you to pray the misery away. I find this very disquieting. I'm very frigtened because being so far away from home, my support system is very small. I was delighted to find this site. I do NOT want to lose this pregnancy being I feel at my age this is my last chance to have a baby. Any help, advice and support would be wonderful because this is the most frightening thing I can think of to suffer through alone.
Thank you so much for setting up this buddy system. It's one of the most important aspects of getting me through that I can think of next to considerate medical care.

My email is MadameInfinity@hotmail.com as is my msn messenger.
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 09, 2005 12:53 am

Welcome, Amber. Congratulations on the pregnancy--I hope everything goes smoothly! I'm more than happy to line you up with a support buddy. I'll be in touch soon!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby AmberWest » Jun 10, 2005 7:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response for my buddy request Pamela. I have sent a reply to those that have emailed me and I do so appreciate the concern. It helps the emotional state. :)
AmberWest
Master of HG

Postby HGx3 » Jun 10, 2005 10:26 pm

AmberWest wrote:Thanks for the quick response for my buddy request Pamela. I have sent a reply to those that have emailed me and I do so appreciate the concern. It helps the emotional state. :)

Thanks for your detailed overview of your situation. You mentioned in your pm that you are not able to really reply to each individual pm or email, which is very understandable!!!

We do NOT want to overwhelm you or cause additional stress by making you feel that you have to reply to everything.
We have a very suppotive group here, so I am sure you have had many volunteers to act as your hg buddy.

If you would, please inform Pamela which person you want personal support from(phone calls, emails,etc). That way you can get individual support from your buddy, and general support from the board.

I too am from the South, and I am a christian. However, I was very angered when someone that I am very close to suggested that my HG, was a result of my "LACK OF FAITH". Lets just say, that many un-christian, four letter words raced thru my head, and still do, everytime I think of that conversation!!!!!!

You will find that you are not alone in ANY aspect regarding hg. If there is one place in the world, where an hger has heard it all, it is here!!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Jolene » Jun 22, 2005 1:24 pm

I live in New Hampshire, and I noticed there is only one other buddy from that area. You can add me to your buddy list.

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 22, 2005 4:13 pm

Thanks, Jolene. I was really scrambling when I had a couple ladies from VT/NH looking for buddies this winter. I'd love to add you to my list; just send me an email with your email! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Baby Momma » Jul 02, 2005 11:50 pm

I'm from Texas! Dallas/ Fort Worth

Wish I had found the forum earlier I may have been able to find a doctor, but have a great one now, so if in the future someone needs one I can tell them about mine.

I'm due in January, feels like eons away!

Steph
Baby Momma

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 03, 2005 7:24 pm

Thank you, Steph, for volunteering to help with a doctor search. It's amazing what a difference a sympathetic practitioner can make. If you'd like a buddy for yourself, just send me your email and I'll be in touch. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby MARSMOM » Jul 07, 2005 1:29 pm

Hello,
I live in Triangle, VA. I would love to have a buddy in my area to talk to about hg. This is my second pregancy, I am about 2mths. I suffered with hg through my first pregancy and it lasted through my 6mth. This pregancy seems to have already peaked(don't want to speak to soon). I am currently taking zofran. I going to take the advice of the website and start unisom/b6. I am back at work after a month off wich is wonderful because my first pg I had to quit my job. I just would love to talk to someone in my area going through the same things.
Thanks
MARSMOM

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 07, 2005 11:16 pm

I'm happy to set you up with a buddy; just send me an email so I have an email address for your buddy.

I hope your HG is on its way out; I found with my last pregnancy that Unisom couldn't touch the worst of it, but once I started bouncing back, Unisom really kept the edge off the nausea for the rest of the pregnancy. Good luck!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Mommy2Be » Jul 11, 2005 2:03 pm

I would love someone to talk to!! I live in Chicago, IL.
Mommy2Be

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 12, 2005 7:00 pm

I'll be happy to line you up with a buddy from Chicago. Just click on the "email" button in this post and let me know the email address you'd like a buddy to contact you at, and I'll be in touch.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Sick again in Michigan

Postby acasadei » Jul 16, 2005 7:13 pm

Hello!! I wish I would have found this website when i was prego with our son. Here we go again!! If another person suggests a cracker or ginger, I may go postal.

Thanks for the great site!

I would really like a buddy!

Andrea
mom to Louie 7/8/04
baby on way due 1/18/06
in the Detroit metro area
acasadei

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums