Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click away...

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Postby pippa » Feb 28, 2005 2:01 pm

Hi! New here. This is my sixth pregnancy (fourth to get this far) and my very first time with hyperemesis. I had a milder form with my oldest six years ago, but a little bit of Phenergan and I was good to go. I'm almost 11 weeks, and am on med #3 (Kytril). Seems like things work for a bit, then stop.

I had morning sickness with my two boys afterward, but this is something new altogether. I'm going nuts trying to take care of myself and the kids, and DH is getting nuts. I would love to have someone to talk to who's been through this already... none of my friends "get" it... they had m/s but the minute I move or smell something I puke.

Thanks!

~ pippa
pippa
Welcomed Friend

Postby LandonsMama » Feb 28, 2005 3:59 pm

Hi! I would love a buddy! I am having a lot of trouble with the people from the Mom's Club I am a part of understanding what I'm going through. I guess I am the first with HG. Anyway, I have one HG son born 10/03 and am due 09/05 with #2. I am 13 weeks and absolutely miserable, I've lost 15 pounds now and my Dr. is probably sending me to the hospital on Friday if I haven't made a dramatic improvement. Would love to talk to someone who understands! Thanks! Oh by the way, I am in Fort Worth, TX.

Erin (eringellis@aol.com)
LandonsMama

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 28, 2005 7:46 pm

Welcome, Pippa and Erin. I'm happy to line you both up with buddies. I've got quite a few new HGers here, so give me a couple of days to be in touch. Pippa, email me so I have your email for a buddy; Erin, I should have everything for you. Thanks, and best wishes to both of you! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Juliette Punchello » Mar 01, 2005 9:32 am

I am in PA (near Philadelphia) and always just a click or call away. I now have a beautiful, healthy 7 month old daughter and would love to help, listen, cry with anyone suffering from this debilitating disease. Julie
Juliette Punchello

I'm back, and ttc again

Postby *** » Mar 01, 2005 9:40 am

Hi all
I live in Northfield MA and we are ttc. I would love to buddy up with someone who even knows what hg is because no one around here seems to. Friends and relatives are all saying just go ahead and get pg why are you doing all this prep work before hand. I don't know where they were when I was pg with Cecilya but I feel like screaming at them. These are the same people who would get mad at me when I was pg with Cecilya and my dh and I would leave a family gathering because they always cook really smelly food. Dh would try to explain it but they just didn't get it.
Sorry for the ramble... anyways I would love to buddy with someone in Western MA or southern NH or VT
Thanks

Erika
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Mar 01, 2005 7:40 pm

Juliette - I will definitely keep you in mind to lend support to HGers from Philly. I have been getting SO MANY ladies from Pennsylvania lately--must be something in the air!

Erika - I got your message today, and I'll have someone in touch soon. Sorry you're getting little encouragement from those around you, but you're absolutely doing the right thing by preparing carefully for another pregnancy. Hope to see you in the 1st Tri forum soon! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

New here

Postby shearn01 » Mar 02, 2005 3:00 pm

Hi. I am 32 wks pg and have this lovely condition and just found out about this site. I would LOVE to have someone else to talk to who knows what is going on.
Sabrina
shearn01
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Mar 02, 2005 5:41 pm

Welcome, Sabrina. I'd love to set you up with a volunteer; just shoot me an email by clicking on the little email button at the bottom of this post. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Buddy?

Postby Steph » Mar 09, 2005 1:22 pm

What's the story with the buddy thing? It sounds nice! Please advise
Steph

Postby PamelaRose » Mar 09, 2005 9:31 pm

If you'd like to get in touch with an experienced HGer who can offer support, just send me an email with your name and location, and I'll line you up with a volunteer. It's a great help when you're struggling with the illness and no one around you has any idea what you're going through or how to help. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Introduction from California

Postby venusjewell9 » Apr 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Good Morning!
This is my first pregnancy(twelve weeks). I'm lucky enough to be pregnant with twins(so I don't have to go through this ever again!!!!!). My doctor sent me to urgent care three times before ever seeing me( she said there was nothing they could do for me at the office). When I had my first appointment at 10 weeks she referred me to Matria( The urgent care doctors gave me Phenergan which stopped working after a week). MAtria has been wonderful!!! I'm on IV Hydration. I also had a difficult time deciding whether to go on the Zofran pump. It seemed like so much medicine being pumped into your body 24 hours a day. I kept thinking I would get better with just the hydation. Unfortunately, each day I just wanted to die!!!! I was so miserable(as I know now I'm not the only one. I cry when I read other sufferers stories). I felt like I should be able to be strong for my babies even though I very much disliked them ever since my sixth week. Finally, I made the decision to go on the Zofran pump. It seemed that not eating or drinking for so many weeks couldn't be safe either(not to mention being depressed). This last Wednesday I went on the pump. I feel sooo much better. Food is not the same but I'm able to eat and drink certain things without vomiting. I have guilt and worry about the affects Zofran will have on the babies. I called Motherisk and they informed that a study was just published reporting that there were no increased risks for birth defects.
I need someone who has been through this to share their experience. I need to know that I 'm not weak even though I know HG is real. I'm so fearful that I may do something that will affect the outcome of this pregnancy.

Very Sincerely,
Genevieve from California (twelve weeks on April 11)

P.S.
I bought this book called Having Twins. There were about two lines on HG. This woman had the nerve to say that she's found most women who have HG have it because they have a lot going on in their lives such as a divorce etc. This made me so angry because it's not true. This book is going in the trash!!!!
venusjewell9

Email

Postby venusjewell9 » Apr 10, 2005 2:38 pm

mkoesling9@aol.com
Sorry, I got carried away before. I've been cooped up in this house for alomst seven weeks and I'm going crazy.
Genevieve
venusjewell9

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 10, 2005 5:35 pm

Welcome, Genevieve. I'm happy to line you up with a buddy - I'll be in touch soon.

What kind of moron wrote THAT book? Before you trash it, find out who the author and publisher are so we can bombard them with enlightening HG facts and statistics! Unfortunately, so many people out there seem to share that same opinion. :x
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

pregnant

Postby jlm » Apr 19, 2005 6:32 pm

Hi there. I having been looking at this site for a little while. I have been sick since I was 5 weeks more or less and am 21 weeks pregnant- I don't know anyone else that's ever felt like this when they're pregnant. Most of my family has tried to be understanding but are at a point that they're sick of me, I think. My mom sister and both grandmothers just had normal pregnancies. I read someones posting about it worse depending upon which sex you're carrying and tend to believe that.
I have been on Zofran since sometime in Jan and have been hospitalized 2 times so far. The best I have felt was while I was in the hospital and actually felt hydrated. I have also been on TPN since I was release from the hospital. I can't seem to make myself eat or drink much for that matter and everytime I do it's almost like I regret it shortly afterward, either I throw up or have heartburn so bad it's not funny. I've finally gotten slightly better about being around food. I was sick w/ both of the others but I don't remember it being as bad as this. I really don't know how I talked myself into trying after I'd been sick the last time either. I have always felt like I'm just a wuss or something and complain to much. I 've worked most of the time even if I was completely miserable and keep going thru spells where I get so depressed I can't quit crying. I know my husband and oldest at least are just sick of me most of the time and I feel like I'm missing out on life. It was so nice to know I wasn't the only one that's felt this way. Apparently mine isn't the worse and I don't know how others handle it.
jlm

Postby teddi » Apr 19, 2005 8:14 pm

Ok, now that I am not preggo w/HG anymore... add me to the buddylist!

I live in CA- SF Bay Area, East Bay specifically =)
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Jolene » Apr 21, 2005 10:28 am

jlm,

I know exactly how you feel, I am 14 weeks pregnant and feel like it is never going to end. All I can say is that at least you have this web site and know you aren't the only one with HG.

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 22, 2005 9:48 pm

JLM - I'm so sorry you're feeling so low right now. If you'd like someone to talk to, just send me an email or pm and I'll get in touch. Hang in there and know we're here for you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 22, 2005 9:50 pm

Wow, Teddi - You can get in touch with Genevieve (Jewell9, see above) who is in CA and pregnant for the first time with twins! :D

When you get a chance, send me your email so I can get you on my list. Thanks!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

could really use a buddy!

Postby alexanderbunch » Apr 28, 2005 6:36 pm

HI! I am 27 weeks now and have been sick the whole time. Even when I'm not sick... I 'feel' like I'm going to be. I've been in and out the hospital many times. One time lasted 2 1/2 months, at which time I came home on TPN with a PICC line. I'm still on it, I get really tired of having to hook-up to a food bag... but oh well! Are there any others with PICC lines? Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks
alexanderbunch

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Welcome! Many of us have had PICCs, so just email me with your location and I'll line you up with someone who's been there.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums