successful fast food?

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 20, 2006 7:38 pm

Bumping this up.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby tatteredtoo » Oct 20, 2006 8:44 pm

Wuhwho, a bump!
Ok, fast food stuff that was ok? The only fast food at all for me was fries and McDonald's shakes... half strawberry half chocolate. I could NOT eat neopalatin ice cream, which might seem similar, couldn't have plain milk. I couldn't even half the shakes if they were one flavor, they had to be mixed. I would've rather had better fries, but I tolerated getting them from McD's because we were already there. I could only eat this towards the end of my pregnancies when the HG started to calm down slightly, but I ate it a lot because these two things were literally the only things that I ever tried during any of my pregnancies that did not EVER come back up. I wonder now if I had tried them sooner... would they have come back up then? When my nutritionist found out I could keep down shakes she was cstatic for me, and insisted I drink more of them, but I had awful gall bladder pain so I was supposed to avoid other dairy and the fries as much as possible, but to eat them if that's all I could... it was all I could.
Mexican pizzas from Taco bell, too, for about 4 weeks during my first pg, craved them like crazy. I only had about 3 of them over the course of two days and then I couldn't stomach them anymore.

Those were the only fast foods I could do, and didn't care what anyone else had as long as I could smell and eat my own little treasures. :roll:
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby Xphile_mo » Oct 21, 2006 6:50 am

I normally LOVE McDonalds, but it almost killed me when I tried one a few weeks ago .... and haven't been brave enough to try again since!! Have just decided it's the first thing I'll have once this baby's born - that AND pizza which I also can't tolerate! The only thing I can cope with from McDonalds is a Strawberry milkshake (mmmmmmmmmmmm) and it seems to settle my stomach. Of course, on days I REALLY want one, I get "we don't have any milkshakes today!" :x

I'm living on turkey and mayo subways (with absolutely nothing else on them). My hubby has been collecting them on his way home from work. He got one the other day and they'd put pepper on it!!! It stayed down approx 2 hours ......!! :sickfast: Damn pepper! Yuk!
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby octobermomma » Oct 21, 2006 7:07 am

OK, I'm going to list what looks like a lot here but you have to realize that this is a compilation of 3 HG pg and that these things would only work when I was "in the mood" for them.

I craved corndogs from an amusement park/fair...you know the ones that are hand dipped and deep fried...NOT BAKED OR MICROWAVED!! (The Walmart deli has a close second in a pinch.)

Had to have Misty floats from Dairy Queen. I think they are calling them Arctic Freezes now. But not just the slush...it had to have the ice cream down the side. (Of course, the Misty machine was ALWAYS broken in my first pg.)

Pintos and Cheese from Taco Bell.

The meal of choice right now is roast beef (plain) from Arby's. (I think I'm a little anemic.)

Hash Browns from McDonalds.

Chicken strips/nuggets from anywhere.

Butterfinger candy bars. (Not sure that counts as fast food)

And yesterday, I had to have Chinese take out. Chicken and Broccoli. You'd have thought I would be sick as a dog. Who knows? Maybe this baby likes salt, grease, and MSG??

~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Subway

Postby NBogue » Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm

I noticed a lot of people mentioned Subway sandwiches. I have been craving a Thundercloud (local version) sandwich, but have been hesitant because I've read that I should avoid coldcuts. Any opinions on this?? :?:
NBogue
Been There Done That

Postby caleighbelle47 » Jan 30, 2007 7:13 pm

I noticed a lot of people mentioned Subway sandwiches. I have been craving a Thundercloud (local version) sandwich, but have been hesitant because I've read that I should avoid coldcuts. Any opinions on this??

The lunch meat is okay as long as you microwave it to steaming before eating it. My husband usually brought mine home so we'd take the meat out and microwave it and then eat.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby NurseNicole » Jan 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Ok, the thought of microwaving lunch meat makes me :sickfast: I've eaten it through all my OTHER pregnancies with no problem.

As far as fast foods go I can do fries sometimes and a quarter of a chicken sandwhich with cheese, bacon, and tomato. I can also do chicken fries from BK but only 2 at a time. I can't keep anything down as of late...
NurseNicole
Opinionated HGer

Postby sarah23 » Jan 30, 2007 11:11 pm

Am I the only one here who can eat plain cheese frozen pizza?
Sarah
sarah23
Master of HG

Postby janiecw » Jan 30, 2007 11:24 pm

mcdonalds bigmacs with ketchup yummy and fries
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby Xphile_mo » Jan 31, 2007 4:53 am

I would love to do fast food - ANY fast food. Unfortunately, it all kills me :(

Not only does it make me sick/nauseous, but it also gives me horrendous stomach pains for a couple of days afterwards!! :verygreen:

I have decided that as soon as I'm out of the hospital, I'm having a chinese takeaway, a pizza and a McDonalds all in one day!!! :mrgreen:
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby hudsoncs » Feb 03, 2007 4:08 am

Subway- MeetLESS meetball sub.
hudsoncs
Welcomed Friend

Postby Proudmama » Feb 03, 2007 4:57 am

I could have one potato skin from O'Charleys (a sit down restaurant) per day. My poor DH would have to drive across town just so I could eat. I kid you not, that was the only thing I could eat on most days.
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby catsandfrogs » Feb 11, 2007 3:51 pm

I've been able to eat McDonald fries on a good day but NOT on the bad days.

McDonald's milkshakes have also been tolerated from time to time.

I've also eaten plain Japanese steamed rice (YUM) and chinese food (probably the MSG being craved for repairing electrolytes).

I even had a craving for indian food once but that was really wierd/spicy and only once. It stayed down... go figure.

plain cheese pizza worked for awhile but I've got a complete aversion to it now.

Shannon
Shannon

dd#1 - 8 years old
dd#2 - 4 years old

ImageImage
catsandfrogs
HG Expert

Postby janiecw » Feb 13, 2007 2:22 pm

just recently added.......a&w rootbeer freezes from a&w sonic does something similiar. its rootbeer and soft serve vanilla blended together like a shake its real cold and good
janiecw
Opinionated HGer

Postby Tonya » Mar 22, 2007 10:43 am

A huge coke from Sonic (they have the best ice ever!) and Chick-Fil-A waffle fries. I don't think I could ever move out of the southern US because I'd miss Chick-Fil-A too much.

Also, anyone throughout Oklahoma, and some of it's surrounding states, Braum's has amazing shakes and their fries are good too. I wish they'd build a few more dairies so they could be more widespread.
~ Tonya

Mackenzie: HG born August 14, 2003
Erin: HG born April 5th, 2007
Tonya
Been There Done That

Postby TwoIsEnough » Mar 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Tonya...did you have to mention chick-fil-a!?!? We got one right behind my office right before I got pregnant...ate there just about every day! haven't eaten there since :cry: Maybe could stomach their fruit bowl now...but can't wait for those waffle fries again!!

Root beer floats have become a new one for me.

Shannon...the steamed white rice from Chinese is working too!

Mashed taters and mac-n-cheese to go from places like KFC or Cracker Barrel have been goo too.

Haven't been able to stomach the "real" food from fast food yet...I think the grease scares me.
Lauren

DD#1: Moderate HG for six months then PTL.
DD#2: Severe HG all the way through delivery along with PTL.

TwoIsEnough
HG Expert

Postby MichellevsHG » Mar 30, 2007 6:00 pm

So far these I've been able to "keep down". :wink:

Wendy's - baked potato and chicken nuggets w/sweet & sour sauce

Burger King - chicken nuggets

KFC - biscuits and their mashed potatoes (no gravy!)

McDonalds - fruit & yogurt parfait (no granola), lemonade, breakfast biscuits (plain) YES, you can just buy their biscuits PLAIN :lol:

Panera Bread - chicken noodle soup in the bread bowl (couldn't finish it though; too much food!)

Now this morning I had an urge and I ate AND "kept down" a sausage and egg biscuit (no cheese). I was so proud of myself! Woohoo!

OH and the steamed white rice from the local Chinese place works for me too (they don't use MSG). If my hubby gets the chicken and broccoli, I'll usually have a bite size piece of chicken - no broccoli . . . but the rice is all mine. :lol:
Last edited by MichellevsHG on Mar 30, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby MichellevsHG » Mar 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Tonya - we have chick fil a here in Pennsylvania! :lol:
I know for a fact there's one in Warminster not far from Philly and another at a local mall.
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby MichellevsHG » Mar 30, 2007 6:09 pm

AmberWest wrote:
For me these days it's (so long as I have my zantac) FRENCH FRIES! :D Needless to say, with tons of salt. If the DP even puts his hand near my fries he risks pulling back a bloody stump. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby MichellevsHG » Mar 30, 2007 6:14 pm

Xphile_mo wrote:I have decided that as soon as I'm out of the hospital, I'm having a chinese takeaway, a pizza and a McDonalds all in one day!!! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

I can't keep pizza down, so I saved the Pizza Hut number in my cell phone so that hubby can call for MY pizza when I deliver. . . . I'm not due until 9/27/07 :cry: but when I do, I'm having PIZZA!

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Foodments