Hi, New Here

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Hi, New Here

Postby koolaidNcookiesmom » Jun 21, 2004 9:08 am

Hi. My name is Kat. I was just told I have hg a few weeks ago (I already knew that, since I had it last pregnancy). I am between 8 and 10 weeks pregnant (the dr said the baby is measuring small, but I know my body and I know I am 10wks).
I am a mom to a wonderful 16 month old girl and a wife to a wonderfully supportive man.
I was just in the hospital for 3 days/2 nights for dehydration (I couldn't keep food down for 48hrs). I was on phenagran, it didn't work. So now I am taking Zofran, but it's just helped ease the nausia, not take it away! :cry:
I am glad I found a place where others understand what I'm going through! I look forward to getting to know you all!
:)
Kat
koolaidNcookiesmom

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 21, 2004 9:34 am

Hi, Kat, and welcome. You found the right place for help with HG. You're in the worst of it right now, so hang in there!

Because you are nearing the peak of HG, it's not surprising that Phenergan or Zofran aren't working on their own. First off, 32 mg/day of Zofran is the usual highest dose, and many women need that to begin to touch the worst of it. You also need to be well-hydrated for Zofran to have best effect. You just got out of the hospital, but if you're not able to keep up with fluids you can spiral back down very quickly. If dehydration was a problem for you last time, you may consider a proactive rehydration schedule. I did in-clinic rehydrations once a week or so with my 3rd HG, and with my last I had a PICC placed and did at-home daily rehydration. Even at highest dose, Zofran on its own does not do it for many. If you did not have an adverse reaction to Phenergan (burning, jitters, etc), you may consider pairing it with the Zofran. There are many other options for pairings: Reglan, Compazine, meclizine, Unisom/B6, on and on. You can find information about this in the First Trimester Forum, which I urge you to check into if you haven't!

Please let us know how you're doing; if you're interested in talking to another HGer for support and information, contact me with your location and e-mail and I'll find someone in your area to pair up with you. I look forward to following your progress and meeting your precious baby. :) Pamela
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby wannabemom » Jun 21, 2004 1:40 pm

I just wanted to say and hi and welcome you.
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Return to New to the Forums