Want to be buddy and find a HG Doctor in NYC

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Want to be buddy and find a HG Doctor in NYC

Postby Tatouche » Jun 17, 2004 7:12 pm

I am six weeks pregnant with no 2. I have already started vomiting and salivating like crazy. My dauhter is two and my pregnancy with her was the worse experience of my life. However I am so in love with her, I decided to do it again. Now I am scared to death. My Gyn doctor is on maternity leave until November 04 and although she was great with regular pregnancy stuff, she was not the best with the HG. I had to be hospitalized 4 times for her to agree to see me. Anyway, I need a Dr. who has experience with HG in NYC.
Thanks.

I am sooooooooooo happy to have found this site. It addresses all the questions I had the first time around. I would love to be a buddy if anybody is interested. I don't know if I will be of any help during the first few weeks though as I spent them in bed during my first pregnancy.
DH: 32
DD: 5/8/02, 7 weeks on IV and incapable of eating or drinking. Better at 14 weeks but vomiting up to end of pregnancy.
No2 due in February 2005
Tatouche

Re: Want to be buddy and find a HG Doctor in NYC

Postby MamaLily » Jun 18, 2004 10:06 pm

Tatouche -

Congratulations on your pregnancy. And I'm so sorry to hear that the HG has started already. I'm glad you found this site! I know it will make all the difference for you.

I am a moderator in the "Finding a Physician" forum. I hope you'll post there...we can hopefully help you find a better doctor (one who knows about HG treatment options).

I'm short on time for the next few days, but check out this link: http://www.smfm.org/index.cfm?zone=search&nav=doctor You can type in the city and state where you want to find a doctor, and you will get a list of perinatologists (who I recommend for HG) in your area. There are quite a lot in New York City and in Brooklyn...if you find one near you, or at a hospital you like, it would be worth calling their office. Ask whether or not the doctor has seen HG patients, ask to speak with the nurse, and make an appointment if everything looks good. Finding a doctor who will be proactive about hydration and medications is so important!

I'll hopefully see you soon in "Find a Physician." Hang in there!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 18, 2004 10:38 pm

Hi, and welcome! I'm so glad you found us. I will be happy to add you to my buddy list, but for right now would you like me to set you up with a buddy? I can find someone close to you to just be there for the HG venting we all need to get out of our system. You know you have a long journey ahead of you, and a friend who's been through it can really help. Let me know--you can send me your name and e-mail and I'll set you up.

You said HG has started again--are you vomiting yet? Are you able to keep anything down yet? Are you on medications? These are all questions that the ladies in the 1st Trimester forum will be interested in hearing answers to. Unisom/B6 is considered first line of defense, but if you're already vomiting you may need to go to the next level. You'll get great information and support from this site - we're happy to have you here.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Thank you for your warm welcome

Postby Tatouche » Jun 19, 2004 11:28 am

I already feel better knowing I can vent to people who will know exactly what I am talking about. I'll check out the link given to me and take the steps you advised me to take.
Regarding vomiting, I have vomited a few times and I really have to fight not to. I take B6 4 times a day, I take Aciphex and I chew raw ginger on a constant basis. So far so good. During my last pregnancy the really terrible vomiting started a 8 or 7 weeks and I literally could not keep anything down. I want to find a Dr. now before I reach that time so I can attack before being attacked (by the vomiting witch). Any way thanks gain, I will try to post to all the other forums you suggested.
I am really happy I found this forum.
DH: 32
DD: 5/8/02, 7 weeks on IV and incapable of eating or drinking. Better at 14 weeks but vomiting up to end of pregnancy.
No2 due in February 2005
Tatouche

Return to New to the Forums