Fibroids

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Fibroids

Postby dolphinsnb » Nov 08, 2004 1:57 pm

Does anyone else out there have fibroid issues along with the HG?

I didn't know I had fibroids until I was 8 weeks pregnant, when they started growing. One was the size of a grapefruite at that time and has grown much bigger since. For me, the HG started about five days after I found out about the fibroids. I don't know if that's coincidence or stress???

My OB really freaked me out last week. He told us that he doesn't think I can go full term because of the fibroids. He said I'd be lucky to go 36 weeks. And he told us that for every week before 36 that I deliver, it will mean about two weeks in the neonatal unit! Not the news I wanted to hear.

So, now I'd like to see if there are others out there who have gone at least 36 weeks with fibroids. Part of me feels that everything has gone well so far - the baby always measures right where she should be and the high risk doctor didn't find any problems - so I wonder if my doctor is just being pessimistic??? I'm trying to keep an attitude of "Screw him - we've made it this far ok and we're going to make it to the end ok!" But it's hard to keep the doubt and fear from slipping in...

Anyone have any experience with or knowledge of fibroids?

Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Return to Second Trimester HG