Feeling good, making me a little nervous

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Feeling good, making me a little nervous

Postby macsmommy » Jul 19, 2004 3:06 pm

This weekend I had a good Saturday and an OK Sunday, today I'm feeling pretty good I had a english muffin with peanut butter this morning and I'm actually feeling hungry.
Im afraid to get to happy though, since I will be 17 weeks on Tuesday do you think I am over the worst?? God I hope so =)
Melissa
macsmommy

Postby querida » Jul 22, 2004 2:34 pm

Hi Melissa, I was just wondering how you are feeling after your :D weekend. I, too, have had a pretty teriffic past couple of days and it has made me nervous. I even convinced myself that something horrible must have happened to my baby, if I felt this good.

Thankfully, I had an OB appointment today, and little Peanut is fine. It took the doctor a long time to find the heartbeat because she kept moving away from the Doppler, and I thought, "Oh, god, it's happened." Then the doctor started making faces and said, "She's kicking me." Then he gave me the earphones, and she kicked me, too! (We call it a "she" because my DH won't admit to any possibility that it is a boy. We don't know the sex yet, tho.)

The past three days, I've eaten an AMAZING amount of food. I won't go into all of it here, because I know it will just sound disgusting to most people. I'm thinking of writing a letter to Velveeta, though, telling them their mac n cheese saved my life. :lol:

Anyway, I hope your "feeling better" streak continued and that you are on the upswing in this. So many women here seem to struggle with HG through their whole pregnancies. There MUST be some people who get better eventually?!?!?

Carmen
querida

Postby macsmommy » Jul 22, 2004 2:53 pm

Hi Carmen,
I am feeling pretty good, it's funny you'd think we would just be on cloud 9 but when you have had HG for so long it really is hard to get happy about it quite yet.
I am eating probably twice a day which is SO GREAT for me. I can actually have my baby girl (my great dane) back in the house with out gagging at her breath, and I'm doing laundry 4 loads down. Yes sad to say this is what excites me these days.
I'm a little nervous though I just got off the phone with my OB and my AFP screen came back high for spinal problems, so I'm going to have an u/s done next week, the hard thing with twins is being able to see everything you need to on both of them. So I might be looking for Amnio for more answers, but I'm thinking good thoughts a lot of times you get high numbers for no reason.
Hope you keep feeing great!!!
Melissa
Melissa
HG pg McKenzie 11-98
HG pg twins Lauren and Bradley 03-00
normal pg Addison 12-02
HG tiwns again due Christmas Day
We find out sex on Aug 20, if they will open up.
macsmommy

Postby dwtegli » Jul 22, 2004 3:46 pm

Querida,

Yes, there are some of us who feel better eventually. I started to feel better at about 20 weeks. I still have somewhat bad days, but they are nowhere near as bad as I was before that. I can still somewhat function through them. I will not be 100% until after the baby is born but at least I can make plans to go places and do things withough being afraid I am going to vomit all over.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby querida » Jul 23, 2004 11:36 am

Melissa, I've heard of quite a few women with HG whose triple screen came back positive. Then when they had the amnio, everything was fine. I know it's hard, but please don't worry yourself too much.

Two meals a day! Woot! I'm going for three today, Wendy. We'll see how that goes.

Isn't it funny that all of the literature on "morning sickness" (which people seem to think applies to HG, too) says that we should be eating "small, frequent meals up to six times per day." When I read that, I think, "You mean I'm supposed to think about/look at/smell food 6 times a day???" For heaven's sake, just give it to me all at once so I can forget about eating for the other 23 hours. :D

Carmen
querida

Postby macsmommy » Jul 23, 2004 12:38 pm

Carmen
You are too funny!! I agree my friends feel the need to give me all kinds of advice about HG even though they never even had a glimpse of nausea during pregnancy. Why don't you just eat like every hour?
WHAT every hour what did I do wrong!!! They can't believe that the thought of food pushes me over the edge, most of them think I'm so lucky because I never have to worry about pregnancy weight while they gain 80lbs, shoot give me the 80 lbs instead of this anyday =)
Thanks for the advice on the screen, I'm sure everything will be good.
Mel
Melissa
HG pg McKenzie 11-98
HG pg twins Lauren and Bradley 03-00
normal pg Addison 12-02
HG tiwns again due Christmas Day
We find out sex on Aug 20, if they will open up.
macsmommy

Return to Second Trimester HG