I had my ultrasound and it's a...

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

I had my ultrasound and it's a...

Postby steennd » Jul 15, 2004 9:28 pm

BABY! We've decided not to find out the gender this time around. :D
I'm having some trouble because I'm not the most patient person, but I REALLY want to wait. I have one boy and one girl, so it doesn't matter- we have all the 'stuff' for both.
I'm getting at least 3 more ultrasounds for research studies that I'm participating in, so it'll be extra hard to not let them tell us girl/boy, but hopefully I can hang in.

On another note, my dr's nurse called to tell me "did anyone call you to tell you that your triple screen was positive?" and I'm of course like "no" And she says, "yes it was positive but we had miscalculated your due date, so when we recalculated using your real due date, it was negative." UMMM....thanks for sharing. :roll:
steennd

Postby MamaLily » Jul 16, 2004 2:06 pm

Oh, I think it's so much fun to wait! Dh and I decided not to find out and it was so fun to hear the doctor say, "It's a girl!" when DD was born! :D I had lots of u/s because my peri liked to check on the baby at every appointment...but I was determined not to find out. And I'm really glad we waited!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby querida » Jul 16, 2004 3:45 pm

I don't really want to know the sex of this baby, but my DH does, and so does our firstborn (if it's a boy, he wants to share a room with the baby; if it's a girl, he doesn't). So, I guess I'll have to give in to the majority. My midwife paints the most wonderful picture of parents who haven't found out the sex beforehand, how she puts the baby on the mother's chest, and they have the pleasure of exploring their little infant for the first time and discovering it for themselves. I really wanted that with this one.

With my first, we had to have an ultrasound, and there was simply no mistaking that he was a boy. It was out there for all to see. This one might be a little more "discrete," though. :D
querida

Postby macsmommy » Jul 19, 2004 3:39 pm

How can you wait!! It's killing me, our U/S on Friday was going to be the big one and neither one of them would open up!! I hope for our next u/s on the 20th will be better!!
Melissa
HG pg McKenzie 11-98
HG pg twins Lauren and Bradley 03-00
normal pg Addison 12-02
HG tiwns again due Christmas Day
We find out sex on Aug 20, if they will open up.
macsmommy

Return to Second Trimester HG