Checking In

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Checking In

Postby macsmommy » Jul 15, 2004 1:48 pm

Just wanted to see how everyone was doing today? I am feeling pretty ok since I got some IV fluid last night, hope it will last for a while.
Melissa
macsmommy

Postby MamaLily » Jul 15, 2004 2:10 pm

Melissa -

I just responded to your other message (In the "New to the Forum" folder), but I forgot to ask your about your doctor. Do you feel that you are getting really good HG care? I just hate to have you suffer more than you need to! Please let me know if you think that your doctor isn't knowledgeable about HG or proactive/aggresive with HG treatment or if you think another doctor might be better. I'm a moderator in the "Find a Physician" forum, and I'd be very happy to help you find someone who will take great care of you.

Hopefully your doctor is a GREAT one - I just want to be sure!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby macsmommy » Jul 15, 2004 2:27 pm

Hi Anna =)
I just responded to you! I actually LOVE my Dr, he is big on doing his own research on HG too, I think we both thought I was doing better this loss is going to shock and bother him. Im sure he is going to try to figure something out and with your help THANK YOU!! he has options right in front of him. I just LOVE this list!!
Melissa
macsmommy

Postby MamaLily » Jul 16, 2004 1:49 pm

Melissa -

I'm glad to hear that you have a good doctor...it makes all the difference with HG.

Just wondering how your appointment went today! Keep us posted!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby macsmommy » Jul 16, 2004 11:17 pm

My Dr's visit went pretty well, for some reason on his scale I actually gained a pound!! I couldn't believe it that ER scale is WAY off. He is still upset, he said I should be up a pound a week and I said that will never happen. With my last set of twins I only gained 33 the entire time, and I was 100% after week 20. So Im happy but he did some blood work, of course I didnt get a chance to eat yet and they took 9 viles!! HELLO I need that blood so I passed out on my way out. But that one wasn't my fault I blame the lab. Im feeling better now I had some white rice and water for dinner.
Hope you all are doing ok =)
Melissa
macsmommy

Postby MamaLily » Jul 17, 2004 2:31 pm

Melissa -

I'm glad to hear that you were in better shape than you thought! :? Of course, I guess HG makes that very relative!

What does the doctor think you ought to do? Did he give you options for hydration or nutrition or medications?

Glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better. Keep hanging in there!

- Anna
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Second Trimester HG