About me (Melissa)

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

About me (Melissa)

Postby macsmommy » Jul 12, 2004 2:19 pm

Hi everyone I am very new here but SO thankful to have found this site!!!
I am 16 weeks ( well I will be in the morning) I am due on Christmas Day with my second set of twins, I also have 2 singletons as well. Only had HG with the twins though. I have been pretty sick this time, have been on Zofran but it didn't help much so I stopped. I am married to a Marine so he is gone a lot which is not easy.
I am so happy to find a place where the poeple dont look at me like Im nuts when Im throwing up in the bushes, or on the side of the street. You all have been there Im sure!!
Hope to get to meet everyone soon
Melissa
macsmommy

Postby MamaLily » Jul 12, 2004 2:31 pm

Melissa -

Hi and welcome to the 2nd Trimester! I'm so happy that you found us here...I promise it will make this pregnancy so much more manageable.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Twins? Oh, that is exciting! So, you have one set of twins already and then two other kids? So, you will have six kids when these twins are born? Wow - that is amazing. I come from a family of six kids myself, and it was so fun to grow up with lots of brothers and sisters.

Please tell us about your pregnancy. Are you taking any medications right now? What have you tried? Are you still very sick and losing weight? You mentioned that zofran didn't work...how much were you taking per day?

Thanks for introducing yourself. We look forward to getting to know you better, and to helping you through this pregnancy. You have all of our support!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby macsmommy » Jul 13, 2004 1:34 pm

Hi Anna,
Thanks for the welcome, the Zofran did nothing but make it worse, I took it three times a day but it was the one that desolves on your tounge YUCK. The taste was horrible. I have had less actual throwing up this pregnancy but the nausea is really bad. If I eat one meal a day Im really lucky.
I have an appiontment on Friday with my Dr. and I hope I will have gained something. So far it has been very up and down, I lost about 10 then gained 1 in week 13, then gained 3 in week 14, but these last couple of weeks have been really bad so I would actually be happy just to stay the same.
I just miss doing the little things, I love going to Disneyland and we have passes so we go once a month usually and the thought of having to go and walk around brings me to tears. I want a full day of energy, when can I hope for that??
Thanks
Melissa
macsmommy

Postby MamaLily » Jul 13, 2004 2:33 pm

Melissa -

I definitely understand how much nausea can impact your eating, activities, etc. I vomited plenty, but the nausea was so much harder for me to deal with. I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well!

Did you ever try the pill or IV form of zofran...it might make a difference for you. Or have you ever tried over-the-counter meds like Unisom, B6, meclizine, benadryl, etc.? I really think it's worth a try. Maybe you could talk with your doctor about it when you go on Friday. If you are still losing weight, then my advice is to try the different meds until you find something that works! Maybe it would help to print out the list of medications from this website and take it with you to your doctor's appointment. http://www.helpher.org/mothers/treatmen ... ations.php It is such a great list of meds that HGers commonly use.

I'm sorry that you are limited in your activities. It is so frustrating not to be able to do the things that you want to do! I wish I could tell you that it's all going to go away soon, but unfortunately that is just not the case with most HGers. Even after I was over the worst, I was never 100% functional in pregnancy. I don't mean to give you a negative perspective...I only say this to give you a realistic outlook on it. Sometimes I think that HGers start to feel better physically only to feel worse emotionally - because they are let down when everything doesn't return to normal. Expecting a full day of energy can lead to a lot of frustration when the nausea and lack of energy last longer than we hope. Perhaps you will be one of the lucky ones who wakes up one day feeling better! I really hope you are! But, if you aren't, then know that we are here to support you. And I know you will make it through and the reward of a baby will be sooooooo worth it.

I love Disneyland! Do you think you could manage to go for a few hours if you were in a wheelchair and kept yourself hydrated and didn't overdo it? It might be worth checking how you get a wheelchair there!

Hang in there! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby macsmommy » Jul 13, 2004 3:02 pm

Thank you so much for that list, I will take it and hope that it works. I think the idea about Disneyland is a great one I didn't even think of that!!
As soon as it starts to cool off I think I will start to feel better the heat makes my nausea so much worse, the kids think it's funny because they have to almost put on sweatshirts inside I keep the AC so low but it really really helps!
Melissa
macsmommy

A/C rocks

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 13, 2004 5:50 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your lost babies. I should not have assumed you or your husband didn't understand that grief, and I apologize if what I said was hurtful in any way.

Maybe your husband is scared because you are so sick? I have also found, based on conversations in my neighborhood, that most husbands act really needy when they are sick but panic and get frustrated if their wife is sick. HG makes a cold or flu look like a bridal shower, so maybe his feelings are just stronger as a result.

My husband was downright mean when I was pregnant, and I couldn't make him get it either, so I don't know what to say to help. Just want you to know I understand how you might feel hurt: there you are trying your best to create a little human being, and someone is nagging about dusting. It is incredibly difficult.

When I was nine months with my first pg, I sat in front of the single AC wall unit all day and watched soaps. Those were the good days of pregnancy.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby macsmommy » Jul 13, 2004 6:51 pm

Dont be silly you had no way of knowing =) But it's nice to have another mom who has been in my shoes.
I guess I just have to hope for the best and hope that he will at least read the stuff I printed out on HG. We are going to see his mom in a month (hopefully I will feel better) I think she of all people will knock some sense into him. He is quite the mamma's boy =)
I love to turn the air down have the fan on and watch All My Children from bed most days, it really is the simple things that make us happy huh
macsmommy

Return to Second Trimester HG