Bleeding

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Bleeding

Postby dwtegli » Jun 14, 2004 10:09 am

[color=darkblue][/color]Hi Ladies,

Okay, I finally start feeling better from the HG and now in the last three weeks I have been in to labor and delivery twice for spotting. I know it is nothing serious, but if it is not one thing it is another. Last night we had to go ove to the hospital again! Now I have to go see my ob in an hour. I love my ob, and I sure am getting to see him a lot lately. I just wish I could just go in on my regular appointment days. They don't know what is causing me to occasionally bleed but they say it isn't anything serious but I need to go in everytime I have it so I can get checked. At least it only takes about an hour.

The problem now is that I want to go to my sister's who is six hours away in two weeks and what happens if I start spotting while I am there. I am only going to be there for two days, but I will have to see what my doc says about going.

Oh well, I just had to vent a little.

Thanks
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby MamaLily » Jun 14, 2004 2:56 pm

Wendy -

I just wanted to see what you doctor said about everything. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this also...in my opinion, HGers really deserve a break with all other pregnancy issues!

Hang in there and keep us posted!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby dwtegli » Jun 15, 2004 9:51 am

Hi Anna,

The doctor told me that they don't know what was causing the bleeding but that I have to take it easy for the next two weeks. I am supposed to be going on a trip to my sisters in two weeks so he said I have to come in and see him the day before we go and he will let me know if I can go. I am now considered "high risk" until I go two weeks without bleeding. I was surprised that I wasn't high risk before because of the HG but I would suspect that since I have been feeling better and haven't had to be hydrated since week 15 that I lost that distinction a while ago. My husband thinks that the bleeding was because we had went rummage saling on Saturday and just had to busy of a weekend. I was pretty sore on Sunday so he is probably right.

This really does suck because I am finally starting to feel better and now I am back to not being able to do much. Before I couldn't because I was so sick, now I can't for fear of bleeding. I had been taking it easy before except once in a while on a good day, now I am scared to do ANYTHING. Even if I can't go to my sisters, as long as I can take my daughter to the state fair in July I will be happy. We have had tickets to see Reba McEntire at our state fair since before I got pregnant. My eight year old and I are both huge fans. If I can't go I don't know what we will do. I am dying to go to that concert.

Thanks
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 15, 2004 11:37 am

Hugs to you, Sweetie! You just hang out for 2 weeks, and go from there. And don't worry about July - you can get a wheelchair if you have to to get to that concert! Even women on extreme bed rest are allowed outings now and then to boost their spirits. I'm thinking of you and praying everything's ok. 8)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby dwtegli » Jun 15, 2004 11:44 am

Thanks Pamela,

I can just see me going to that concert in a wheelchair LOL. Maybe I can have my 8 year old push me? Just Kidding, I will definitely do that if I have to. I want to go to that concert to bad to nix that idea.

Hugs to you too.
Wendy,
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby MamaLily » Jun 16, 2004 10:26 am

Wendy -

I'm glad to hear that your doctor thinks everything is fine. Reba in a wheelchair...I think it's a great idea! Hang in there, and please let us know how you are doing. I'll be thinking about you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Second Trimester HG