frustrated and feeling hopeless

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

frustrated and feeling hopeless

Postby kac32379 » Jan 13, 2006 11:55 am

My name is Kim. I am 26. I am 12 weeks pregnant and due July 26,2006. I have not been diagnosed with hg. In fact i just found this site today. Reading this has made me cry. I have been exetremly sick since about 6 weeks into my pregnancy and it seems to be getting worse. I dont know how to stop it. I cry every day because i feel so awful. All i do is lay around. I cant hold down water. I cant eat. Its awful! I want this baby so much, but every day i think of terminating the pregnancy. I cant even believe i have those thoughts but its just non stop and i feel hopeless. I just went to the doctor fr the first time yesterday because i just got married jan 6th. Before that i had no insurance. I was so happy to go. I thought my prayers would be answered. However, he did not seem to take my 15 pound weight loss or stories of morning sickness to serious. I weighed 135 when i got pregnant. i now weigh 120. He did prescribe me zofran and because my insurance hasnt been processed yet i haveto wait to next week to try it. It was 232.00 for 6 pills:(. I really hope it helps. I just pray that this will go away so that i can enjoy my pregnancy. Its so nice to have this forum now. I have been so frustated at ppl telling me to drink this or eat that. No oneseems to understand that its barely possible to hold a cracker down. Is this anything else i could ask my doctor for next visit. I have decided to tell him that this is what i have. Since he seems to think eating more will help me lol. Well id love to eat more please just tell me how to keep it all down. I woke up today at 800 am its now 12 pm i have had a bottle of water and a bowl of honey combs and have thrown up 4x. What do ya'll recommend? HOw do i make my doctor understand how serious this is? I am afraid im going to pass out 1 day and no 1 will be here.....ty for listening ...kim
kac32379

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi Kim,

I moved your post to first trimester where you will get more response. Sorry I didn't move it sooner.

How are you doing today? HG is so tough emotionally as well as physically. I'm glad you found us. We understand.

And it looks like you posted in first trimester also. Sorry for the double post I created.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Alison » Jan 19, 2006 2:38 pm

Kim,

I posted to your other thread, but I was just wondering how you are doing now? I hope things are getting better for you sweetie. Remember, we are here for you. Keep us posted as much as you can. I know it can be hard when you are feeling so crummy. If you need anything, just let us know. Do you have a buddy? If not, you should go to the 'new and pg' section and sign up to get a buddy... that can make all the difference.

Hope you feel better, you are in my prayers!

Alison
-5 Little Angel Babies with Jesus-
www.enivamembers.com/vitalhealth
Alison
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Jan 19, 2006 4:27 pm

((((((((((hugs))))))))) I am so sorry, it is hard and we all know it.

I am wondering if your doc checked you for dehydration? Did they test your urine for ketones? Do you get very dizzy when moving from sitting to standing?
You may be in need of an IV. I remember my first pg I cried and cried when it came to my first iv, but it helped to much it was beyond worth it.

How are you doing now? Has insurance kicked in? Do you get reembursed for those first pills? Once the docs actually see the HG for what it is, most tend to take us more seriously. Do you have someone who can go to the docs with you and be an advocate?

Thinking of you, hope you are hanging in there.

Don't beat yourself up for those thoughts. You would not be the first one here to think them, in fact...your among company more then you think.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Alison » Jan 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Brandi is so right! I don't think there is anyone, whether, lurking or posting, that has not felt that way during HG. It just doesn't seem humanly possible to go through something so tramatic and not have those thoughts. I do hope you are doing alright.
Alison
Been There Done That

Postby Alison » Jan 19, 2006 5:52 pm

Here is a link to a site that can give you your baby's day by day progress. It might help keep you focused on what it is all for. When you go to the site, go to the TOOLS drop down menue and choose PREGNANCY CALANDER. From there, choose your due date, conception date or last AF date. Then choose your cycle days IE: 28. Then click on CREATE CALANDER.

Once you have done this, you can pick a month and see on what day your baby's stage is at. It also has some clickable links for helpful information. Here is the link:

http://www.pregnancy.org/pregnancycalendar/month_page.php

I hope this gives you some hope and encouragement.

Alison
Alison
Been There Done That

Return to First Trimester HG