Hi Andy

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 24, 2004 1:57 am

I went to the dr today, I was perscribed Vitamin B6 for the afternoon and phenegran for the evening. I was also given a shot for the UTI that remains and some macrobid when I can start taking it, hopefully in next couple of days. I go back to dr next friday to check up on how the medication is going.

Thanks for everyone being there, it really does seem to make things a whole lot better and easier to deal with. Thanks.

Valerie
3x HGer
VanessaEileen 04/24/98
Serenity 01/16/04
next due date 01/28/05
Valerie Cruz

Phenegran

Postby kmwilson » Jul 24, 2004 9:05 am

If you're phenegran is a suppository, remember that it's mostly absorbed quickly inside the anal area.

I always had the problem with wanting to go to the bathroom immediately, so I'd have to find a way to distract myself for fifteen minutes. At that point, my OB said most of the medicine would be melted and absorbed.

Then if you feel desperate to have a bowel movement at fifteen minutes, you would've already received most of the medicine into your system.

I didn't know if you'd had phenegran before and thought it was worth mentioning. It sure did help me sleep through most of the naseau though.
Kimberly
Frisco, TX
2 HG Pregnancies
Daughter 2000
Son 2002

HG began at 6-8 wks; Zofran from 12 wks until around 25-26 wks. Despite HG, I loved the miracle of birth.
kmwilson

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 25, 2004 1:49 am

The phenegran isn't a suppository, thank God. But it sure does a number on me, by putting me out for the night. Thanks for the advice though, I'll know a little about that if I ever run into anyone that has to use them.

Valerie
3x HGer
VanessaEileen 04/24/98
Serenity 01/16/04
next due date 01/28/05
Valerie Cruz

working on translation

Postby kmwilson » Jul 26, 2004 10:22 am

I'm working on translating the phamplet into Spanish; I got the first several sections done, but we had a busy weekend.

Do you speak Spanish? I didn't know if you wanted to proof it when I was done.

I'm going to have somebody or several from my daughter's school late read it after I'm done. They are all from different countries (ie. Mexico, Peru, Spain). That way we'll have a check to make sure we're using the most common vocabulary for all.

Who do I send this to after it's complete?
Kimberly
Frisco, TX
2 HG Pregnancies
Daughter 2000
Son 2002

HG began at 6-8 wks; Zofran from 12 wks until around 25-26 wks. Despite HG, I loved the miracle of birth.
kmwilson

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 26, 2004 12:24 pm

Hi Kimberly

I wouldn't need to proof read it, since I wouldn't know what I'm reading. Unfortunately, I am a Hispanic that doesn't know her own language. I guess my family thought we just didn't need it. When I was in high school I took a couple of spanish classes but it really never stuck with me, I can read and write words, when someone instructs me what to write, but I have no idea what it is I'm writing or reading. The funny thing is I sometimes dream in spanish, but I know what they are saying, weird I know. :? Well, when the final draft is finished you can send it over to Kimber and she will do the formating for it to be added to the site. Thanks!

Valerie
3x HGer
VanessaEileen 04/24/98
Serenity 01/16/04
next due date 01/28/05
Valerie Cruz

Previous

Return to First Trimester HG