MOM2B1

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

MOM2B1

Postby ArmyWife » Nov 22, 2004 10:27 pm

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through - I wanted to post you a reply because I'm in a very similar situation to yours. My husband is also in Iraq (has been there since Feb. 04 and will hopefully be home this February :D if all goes well with the elections there in January :( He just left again after 2 weeks at home for R&R) , and I too had major issues at the army hospital on base as far as getting them to be aggressive in my treatment off the bat. If your husband is deployed, you probably have Tri-Care Prime (not sure if it's called the same thing in your area, I'm in NY). They most likely will, or have, sent you through primary care first, and then to OB. When I was pregnant last year, they were clueless as to what to do with me, and they basically did NOTHING to try to treat my HG, and from being so sick and desperate, I ended the pregnancy at 8 weeks, less than a month after my husband headed to Iraq......needless to say, I was beyond devestated, and so was he. This time, I fought with all I had, told them I was a high risk pregnancy, and that because of my lack of treatment last time, I terminated and refused to end up in that situation again, and I needed to be referred to a perinatologist. After a little bickering back and forth, they called me back with an appointment for tomorrow morning, a script for Zofran waiting, and a referral for a perinatologist that will be ready to go by the time I get there tomorrow. Honey, you have to fight them, they are very old school in their thinking, and that is not going to help you get through this one bit. I'm not usually the kind to fight about something, however, because of my last experience, I got very emotional and started yelling and crying.......thankfully, they got the point and it worked. If you need anything, please email me at SasiQTRHorseStyl@aol.com, and maybe I can help you with the insurance/military hospital issues. Best of luck to you, and you and your husband are in my prayers.
ArmyWife

Return to First Trimester HG