overseas adoption in Australia

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Australia and NZ to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderators: Trudy, Roni84, Moderators

overseas adoption in Australia

Postby jemfromoz » Jan 11, 2005 6:35 am

Has anyone from Australia looked into overseas adoption? My husband and I have always wanted 3-4 children but neither of us could face another hg pregnancy. We have decided to look into adoption. We don't want to be selfish - there are so many childless couples in Australia who deserve to be first on the list when it comes to adopting other Australian children (of which there are very few). However, after the horrific Tsunami disaster we came to think about all of the children in the world that don't have parents to love them, safe water and food, shelter, etc. It was like a light bulb was switched on for us - immediately we were both very keen on investigating this further. It seems, however, that it is very difficult to adopt if you already have more than one child (we have 2 and would love to adopt 2 sibling from any country to complete our family). Does anyone know any more about this topic? I would love to receive any replies.
Ta, Jem
From Australia, 2 hg pregs -
Milly (8yrs) + Gus (5yrs)
and getting clucky again -AHHHHH!
jemfromoz

Postby mammaclare » Jan 11, 2005 6:56 am

Believe me this has crossed my own mind as well. So, in light of your post, I did a quick Google search and found this notice:

http://www.jcics.org/Tsunami.htm

seems is will be a while for most orphans but there are links for info on adopting the children who were already approved for adopting before the disaster. and, thinking about it, if these poor lambs have been waiting years already, it is their turn first.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Return to Aussie/NZ Mothers