ukers - has anyone heard of....

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

ukers - has anyone heard of....

Postby Clara » Mar 19, 2007 5:14 am

Hello

I posted on the first trimester forum and got a reply from someone in British Columbia which said:

"welcome. I wish it was under different circumstances :?

Just wondering if you are close to London at all? There is a new hyperemesis clinc opening there to treat ladies. I know there are a few UK ladies on the boards, and I am sure they will be chiming in soon. Do you have a protocol in place for your pregnancy? If not there are some helpful pointers under preparation for HG.[/quote]"

has anyone heard of this clinic - I think I'll go and live there just in case!

thanks
Clara
Clara

Postby Natalie » Mar 19, 2007 5:31 am

HI Clara,

Yes, I found out about this clinic on the web! I have been in contact with Leasa Green, the Sister who runs the clinic. It is at Barts and the Royal London. See... http://www.bartsandthelondon.org.uk/new ... ction_id=9.

It can be accessed by any woman as long as they come through the A & E at the Royal London. The only thing is, if they think you are not well enough to just need an iv top up, you will be admitted to the wards there which is quite a way away from your home so it may be a bit of a gamble. I would talk to your GP about this and see if they just do this for you at your local hospital.

I would hope they would be more understanding to see you on a day only as you already have 2 los at home that need their mummy!!

GL and keep us posted!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby sarahkate » Mar 19, 2007 10:46 am

Hi Clara,

I'd second Natalie in maybe seeing what your local hospital will do for you if/ when you get to the point of needing IVs. It is worth bearing this place in mind though!! Will go and find your post in first trimester. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Thanks and gp said

Postby Clara » Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm

I spoke to my gp about the clinic and she suggested I spoke to the sister there and see if she knew of any consultants in my local area. The other thing she suggested was finding out which of my local hospitals admit hyperemisis cases through there Early Pregnancy Units rather than A&E - so far one definitely does which would affect my choice of hospital as if I can be admitted without having to spend hours in smelly A&E then that would be a major bonus. My gp was amazing she has already prescribed me stemetil and cyclizine and told she will prescribe me anything I like (suspect not Zofran as she can't but hey a lot more positive than I thought she would be!)

bye for now
Clara
Clara

Return to UK Mothers