Back again - uk

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Back again - uk

Postby Clara » Mar 18, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi all

Well pregnancy test was positive this morning so here I am again... this will be baby number 3 after 2 HG pregnancies (you may well ask what I am doing!!), our oldest is 4 and the youngest nearly 3. HG hasn't set in yet but I am preparing myself for the worse and am seeing my GP tomorrow (a new practice as we have moved since having our two girls so I am going to start working down the list of GPs until I find a sympathetic one).

Any advice on what to do in the UK would be greatfully received. And if anyone is in the Teddington/Twickenham/Richmond/Kingston area then give me a shout!

bye for now
Clara
Clara

Postby HelenA » Mar 18, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi Clara, I'm in Peterborough, and am done with HG now, but main thing is... be insistant when it comes to your care, most dr's will fob you off, mine did the second time around and I changed dr's and laid the ground as soon as i walked in and he was cool. I managed to get my dr to prescribe anti nausea pills AND suppositories before the nausea even hit since once it's hit, and you have to wait 5 days to see a dr you're already dehydrated etc etc... It was also peace of mind for me to have meds on standby.

Think about childcare arrangements if you should get so bad you can't care for the children, talk with family and friends so you know exactly who you should call when.

Make up some meals for the kids now and freeze them so if you get sick you don't have to cook.

Ummmm.. I can't think of anything else right now.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Mar 19, 2007 5:22 am

Hi Clara

Please check your pms! All the info you should need will be in there!!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to UK Mothers