hi quick intro and update

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

hi quick intro and update

Postby natbat » Jun 10, 2004 9:11 am

Hi Everybody,

Just an update. I have been on the hugs site and am moving over here.

I am from the UK

How is everyone doing? Sorry i have not been about much but have been back and forward to hosp

For thouse who dont know me just a little info this is my second hg pg but sadly my first daughter Carys was born with a rare condition and sadly passed away after 14 hour of life.

I am not feeling to bad pg wise still sick and being sick but only every know and then.
Still taking all my meds and witing a few weeks before i try to come of them again (not managed it yet as everytime i plan to i start being sick again.

also about to have lots of work done around the house and gardens which starts in 3 weeks so will be incomplete chaos for about a month.Then need to redecorate and get stuff ready for Aug.

I start Hydrotherapy for my FMS on Friday.Which i hope is going to help as i keep having flare ups.

I had a scan last Wen and everything is still well and he is growing normally.

This little boy is keeping us on our toes

I have been in hospital again with threatened prem labour and have been given steroids , but everything seems to have settled down again.
And my OB does not think but cant say for sure that i will not go into labour.

I have got an irritable uterus which is causing problems and
my ob just feel with that all the scar tissue and adhesions i have from other things that it is all kicking of each other and making my uterus contract.

I did have 2 more weeks left at work but my GP has signed me of as there is to much risk for me and bump (and the kids i look after)while i am moving and handling the kids i look after .

So i am know off work.Not sure what my boss is going to say as she is away at the min so i have not told her yet.But i don't really care me and bump come first.

At my last app i talked about delivery after Carys passed away my OB said the next time he would do what i wanted to unless for medical reason he could not and as i had an emergency c-section the last time and there was only 5 months in between have Carys and getting pg that i felt that there was to much risk in trying to deliver normally and i am to scared something will happen with my scar during labour or something else will go wrong.And after losing one baby i don't want to risk anything so i would prefer to have another c-section.

He agreed and has booked the date So this little boy will be born on the 18th
Aug 04 which will be 38+5 weeks.It is nice to have a date but it make it all
more real. I still cant let myself imagine or think about Aug and that i will be at home with a baby .That just all to real to think about.So i have been putting that to the back of my head But i am sure everything will be fine.I need to start trying to buy things as we have nothing as we did not get anything but clothes before Carys was born so we have everything to buy. I have ordered my pram and that is at the shop being stored for us as i don't really want it in the house yet.

I am dreading the feelings that are going to come after baby is born.
Grieving for Carys and being pg is not easy the feelings are sometimes so hard.
Some people like my MIL to name one think everything is OK know that i am pg but it is not.

I am just counting down the days til i know i will stop feeling so sick and misrable.

I am having tightenings again today and pain so i am waiting for a couple of hours and if it has not settled i will be going to the hosp just to be checked over.But i am sure it is nothing.

Take Care

Love Natasha
Mummy to Carys Amber 15-16th July 03 and is really missed and loved and Joseph edd 27th Aug but arriving on the 18th Aug 04
natbat

Postby Traci in Japan » Jun 12, 2004 7:50 pm

Hi Natasha

Nice to see you post. I have followed your posts on delphi although I haven't been replying much.

It is nice to hear that you have a date set for the delivery of your new son. My youngest is five weeks now but he made me wait for an extra week or so before arriving. (so did his older brothers :lol: )

don't worry about how often you can post. Come here whenever you need to but don't push yourself, and of course, we are all here for any questions, support you need.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

quick intro and update

Postby stephensmam » Jun 15, 2004 6:03 pm

hi natasha,

how are you feeling now, i hope everything is ok, i get worried when i dont hee from girls for a while if you get time just a quick im ok will do
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

quick intro and update

Postby stephensmam » Jun 15, 2004 6:04 pm

hi natasha,

how are you feeling now, i hope everything is ok, i get worried when i dont hee from girls for a while if you get time just a quick im ok will do
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Return to UK Mothers