New Moderator from the UK

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

New Moderator from the UK

Postby Ivydragon » Jan 29, 2005 5:46 pm

Hi!

Just wanted to announce Natalie as our newest moderator in here. She's from England, and been wanting to moderate for a while, and I'm finally catching up to her! Sorry Natalie!

Jacqueline (Stephensmam) will remain moderator as well, but let me know that life has become quite crazy and is glad for the help. She is from Ireland.

I'm excited to have a good English connection again. I used to a few years ago, and it's such an asset to our HGers!

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Natalie » Jan 30, 2005 9:34 am

Hi All

Well, I'll just introduce myself briefly. I'm Natalie and I'm married to Andy. We have a gorgeous 15 month old girl called Beth. Despite my innumerable protestations to the contrary, she was worth going through HG for.

I started getting sick from about week 6, had completely lost it by week 8 and the sickness starting subsiding around week 20. The nausea did return in the 3rd tri. though. I lost at least 17lbs (but didn't have any to lose in the first place). I was on Stemitil (Compazine) suppositories and Avomine (Phenergan).

I didn't go to hospital, although I was on the brink of it. I couldn't have gone there. It was such a dirty, disgusting place I know I would have just been sicker. If anyone has seen St. Georges in Tooting, you'll know what I mean. UGH! Looking back now, and having read other stories on here, I do wonder at my GP's competence in not forcing me to go for IVs. Very strange. Anyhoo...

If you want to read my whole story it's on about page 2 of the 'New to forum - pregnant' section entitiled 'Not that new but here's my story'.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Please feel free to post on here / pm me and I'll do my best to help.

Love Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to UK Mothers