"Telling it like it is"

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

"Telling it like it is"

Postby puremajik » Apr 06, 2007 8:51 pm

Dear Dr Phil,
I will not share my 2 stroies of HG suffering with you, many of these fine ladies have done so. I have suffered many difficulties in the aftermath of HG and so I would like to express my feelings on publicing this very REAL problem. While reading all these different stories have you noticed the commonality of it all? The symptoms may range from mild to severe, but the deplorable teatment suffered by me and others are all the same. The health care professionals that we sought out had little to no knowledge of HG and blew off our cases, or our place of employment gave us a hard time. I also have to address the burdening fight for short term disability, not to mention the insurance companies lack of understanding and limiting Zofran access, and making it unaffordable to many. The media always makes light of being sick and people overall judge you harshly. We are probably some if not all of the strongest women you have ever met. We fought hard despite such diversities to bring healthy babies into the world. Those mothers who had lost children due to HG and the ones that ultimately lost their lives to HG need something better. We deserve recognition and we deserve educated medical professionals we could go to when the whole world treats you as if you are the biggest faker in the world. NO i do not have anorexia, NO i can not just eat or drink. No I do not complain when i am throwing up for the upteenth time and i do not stop until stomach acid tinged with blood comes up. I went through horrible pregnancies and am rewarded everyday by my wonderful sons, but I also worry about the lasting effects that may lie within them. Thank you for taking the first step forward..it may be a baby step but sometimes to get the word out you need to take baby steps. Thank you and good night.
~Autumn~
puremajik

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil