Another HG Survivor

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Another HG Survivor

Postby sbromm » Mar 01, 2007 11:49 am

To all the women who survived HG and are enduring it, I know what you are going through....every day that I look at my precious baby girl, I can't help but remember the pain and misery I felt throughout my pregnancy with her. Fortunately when she flashes that beautiful gummy smile, all those memories go away, if for only a little while.

In the end, just seeing her face makes the IV's for fluids, the medication that never worked, the numerous trips to the hospital, the fainting, failed PICC lines and ultimately the Catheter in my chest for TPN worth it.

I would never wish this condition on anyone, not even my worst enemy.
sbromm

Postby Susannah » Mar 01, 2007 11:42 pm

You are so strong. It is amazing how our precious babies are worth every vomit.
:hugs:
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby sbromm » Mar 02, 2007 8:47 am

Yes, isn't it truly amazing how much they are worth it...everyone always says their kids are worth all that they go through when pregnant, but unless someone has suffered HG, they can't truly know just how hard it can be.

I only found out after my daughter Aidan was born that my mother suffered from it, and my older sister suffered from it...though not to the extent that I did.
sbromm

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil