How do you find the right words....

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

How do you find the right words....

Postby nomore » Feb 28, 2007 9:03 am

Dear Dr Phil,

I have tried so many times in the last few days to find the right words to tell my story of Hyperemesis to you. And, each time I try, I end up deeply upset, unable to find the right words to convey a story of such misery, hardship and loss.

I am a 3 time Hyperemesis Survivor. And yet I only have 2 live children. I lost one baby to the battle I was unable to win. A life gone due to severe uncontrollable hyperemesis that ended with a therapeutic termination. I cannot even begin to tell you how deeply it rocks and hurts ones soul to have to make a choice between your own life and responsibilities to an already live child and the one you are carrying and growing, that you planned for and very much wanted. Its simply beyond not fair. And, the pain, regret, sorrow and anger is something that continues to plague me on a daily basis.

I spent nearly all of my pregnancies being attached to IVs for if not part, sometimes the whole 24 hour period. I was getting everything from hydration to TPN to sustain my life and my growing baby’s life. And, that doesn’t include the countless maximum doses of medications like zofran, phenergan, Pepcid. And sadly, even with all of these interventions, I was barely at a point where I could function, still profusely vomiting several times a day, and severely depressed by outlook that this would continue daily for months and months.

Hyperemesis deserves recognition and needs public awareness, especially in the medical community. Before my first pregnancy, I was blissfully unaware that hyperemesis ever existed. And, during those first few weeks of pregnancy, before I was sick, I don’t think I was ever happier in my entire life, so eagerly awaiting and anticipating the joys to come of my child. And, then the sickness started. And, like countless others here, I was told it was morning sickness, and was made to feel several times over that I was just “weakâ€Â
Last edited by nomore on Feb 28, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Jenny » Feb 28, 2007 9:44 am

Great job Robin, I am sure this was the hardest letter you have ever written, love you so much!!!

Jen
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil