Looking for runners/walkers/dinner attendee- Journey of Hope

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Looking for runners/walkers/dinner attendee- Journey of Hope

Postby JourneyOfHope » Feb 28, 2007 7:55 am

My name is Janis Moher and I live in London, Ontario, Canada. I have already posted my story, but want to extend an invitation to all. I am conducting a walk/run that will last for 6 days, 10 hours a day, 5 km per hour from London to Toronto, Ontario. Then holding a fundraising dinner for HG on June 30th in Burlington. All proceeds and pledges going to HG research. I need attendees for the dinner to make it a worthwhile event.. anyone you can gather. Think of it as an excuse to go on a trip. :) My best friend and I will be walking and running and would love extra company. If you want any more information, please please do not hesitate in contacting me. We are hoping for your call. (519)933-5148. Or you can e-mail me at cosmo57@hotmail.com.
The walk and dinner are called 'JOURNEY OF HOPE - HELPING TO PAVE THE WAY FOR HG SUFFERERS AND THEIR CHILDREN'. We are just in the initial planning stages, but will post more info as soon as I have it.

Thank you.
Last edited by JourneyOfHope on Feb 28, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

Postby NoMoreHG » Feb 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Thanks for doing this. I will have to check on the dates, but it might be possible. The only problem is my passport has my maiden name on it and none of my family have applied for their passports yet. I will keep checking into it. Please provide more info when you have it.
HG Survivor Two Times Over
Emily ~ Born Nov. 2002
Luke ~ Born May 2006
NoMoreHG
Welcomed Friend

Postby JourneyOfHope » Feb 28, 2007 10:50 pm

I have a meeting on Monday at the Hotel to discuss more details. I will absolutely let you know as soon as I have more concrete plans. Thank you so much for your interest.
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

I'm so proud of you!

Postby Amber101 » Mar 01, 2007 1:45 pm

Yes, it's me, Big Sis. I've joined the forums too to help you with promoting this. I've created a blog for you to track your efforts and to hold the Journey of Hope Art/Craft Sale.

I've sent you the address already, but I also wanted to post a comment here as well for anyone interested in helping make art/craft donations.

Details available at www.journeyofhopeblog.blogspot.com

It's so nice to see a forum here for people to meet and share support. What an amazing place. :)
Forever Hopeful
Amber101

Postby JourneyOfHope » Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm

So far there we have 50 people interested in the dinner.. Great and thank you, but we still need more to make it a go. Please think about it everyone:)
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

Postby sarah23 » Mar 03, 2007 3:38 pm

What you are doing sounds fantastic. I'd participate if I weren't pg and ill! Perhaps this will be so successful that it could be an annual thing?
Sarah
sarah23
Master of HG

Postby JourneyOfHope » Mar 03, 2007 4:49 pm

That would be wonderful! We've started training so that we'll make the distance...
Hopefully we can get a lot of pledges. The dinner is going to be a very fun and exciting event, and I'll finally be able to meet some of the people I've read so much about now. You all feel like far away sisters because of our experiences.. I'm just hoping we have a good enough turn out. It would be so exciting for a lot of us to meet.
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

Postby Cobysmom75 » Mar 04, 2007 7:48 pm

God Bless you for doing this! I wish I could come but I have no passport and I have no one to watch my kids.
Cobysmom75
Been There Done That

Postby JourneyOfHope » Mar 08, 2007 11:28 am

Just an update...

The details are all coming together now, and the guest list is growing. I know it is hard for people to travel, but in case you are interested, here are the details. Please send me your e-mail address so I may send out the proper invites once they have been made up.

We will kick off the walk/run June 24th from London to Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Come and welcome us by meeting us at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto upon our completion, on Friday, June 29th... we are working on getting media coverage of some kind.

Then the Dinner/Dance...
Journey Of Hope - Helping to Pave the Way For HG Sufferers
Dinner and Dance/ Art auction and Craft Sale
Where: Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel and Conference Center
When: June 30th, 2007
Craft and Art sale will begin at 4:00 p.m
Reception with Cash Bar 6:00 p.m.
Speeches and Buffet Dinner 7:00 p.m

I am currently working on getting negotiated rates with the Hotel, so will update when it is confirmed.

Please send me your email so I may send out proper invitation mass e-mailings. It will be a very exciting few days and one that is meant to be enjoyed by all.
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

Postby JourneyOfHope » Mar 08, 2007 9:54 pm

Negotiated Hotel rate is $109 CAN per night. Check out airfares everyone!!! We only have 4 HG sufferers and their families attending so far, but about 100 guests. Two airport options to check out prices for tickets are Toronto, Ontario or Hamilton, Ontario. Hamilton is the closest.
Just an F.Y.I.:) I will post an actual invitation later this week. We've also had six artists donate some major pieces of artwork. One worth thousands... Thank you so much to all contributing! It is all so very exciting:)
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil