My story & letter of thanks

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

My story & letter of thanks

Postby TraciWilliams2 » Feb 27, 2007 4:53 pm

Dr. Phil,

I would like to start off by saying that you for doing a special on this disease. I felt alone and couldn’t find much help when I was pregnant, and my husband and family felt the same way. It is so important for people to realize what this disease is, and to know that if someone is experiencing symptoms of HG, talk to your doctor because I had two who didn’t diagnose my symptoms.

Then I would like to tell all of those suffering from HG that it will hopefully be the hardest thing you ever have to deal with in your life. It is a horrible disease, and there are times that you don’t know if it will be worth it. It will affect you physically, emotionally, and financially. Hang in there, and make sure you have a good doctor who doesn’t diminish your symptoms or what you are feeling. Also, make sure he or she is close, as car rides and traveling are horrible to try to take. Do things that help, one of my vices was a massage therapist in town who would come to my home when I was too weak to leave the house. Another was trying to remember to be human. I’d go to breakfast with my family (taking my iv with me) and just sit for an hour so I would feel like a real person again. Remember that you don’t have to do it all, and even though you might be feeling like you’re letting those around you down, they are not feeling that way. Communicate with them about what you’re going through, and talk to them about what they’re dealing with, because it does effect everyone around you. Then just count down the days until you know you’ll have a little baby boy or girl to give you grief around those terrible twos, and it’ll all be worth it. I’d like to say you’ll forget how hard the time is, but you won’t, but you will find out those who are truly close to your heart.

I know this is probably a lengthy story for a lot of you, but when I was pregnant I didn’t have a whole lot of information I could find on the disease, and wanted to know how people got through what they did, and if they even dealt with the same things I did.

So here is my story:

Growing up I was the youngest of three children, and became an aunt when I was five. I always had my goals of college and a career, but the one thing I had always known was that I wanted a big family with children of my own. After getting my degree and having a career I finally allowed myself to follow my last dream when I married my husband. We knew we wanted kids early, and planned it to the T. We followed the “doctors adviceâ€Â
http://www.myspace.com/st2kids
MacKenzie (mild HG)
Dominic (severe HG)
TraciWilliams2

Postby Princesshood » Mar 02, 2007 1:15 pm

Beautiful! Tears of joy. Thank you.
:hugs: Sara

Jak, Angel Baby since August 2006

Princesshood
HG Diva

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil