My Deepest Appreciation

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

My Deepest Appreciation

Postby tatteredtoo » Feb 27, 2007 10:39 am

To Dr. Phil, Julie Ross, Shane M. and all of the other staff of the Dr. Phil Show and CBS who are working so hard to put this segment together and make it happen...

I don't know how to express to you how much I appreciate all that you are doing and have done on behalf of all women who have suffered from this terrible disease; Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Having suffered from this twice in two full term pregnancies and once in a horrific anembryonic pregnancy that ended by induced miscarriage, this is a personal dream of mine to have HG known by millions. The deterioration of physical, mental and spiritual health while suffering from this is indescribable, unable to be related fully to anything else that I know, and yet I was never offered more than one anti-emetic in my initial pregnancy and endured nearly a dozen ER trips for rehydration treatments only to begin vomiting again within a half hour of being discharged. I know other women have endured much worse neglect and mistreatment during HG. Words cannot describe the fear and rejection, the isolation, the sense of impending death, of infant loss or miscarriage, the verge of insanity. Cries of physical pain from vomiting bile and blood and dry heaving endlessly, the rips and tears in the throat and inflamed esophageal tube, the stabs of pain and sore, achy stomach muscles from being violently overworked, malnourishment are all being grossly neglected by medical professionals around the globe. And until now, until this show, no one has known nor cared enough to stand up along side the women of The HER Foundation to do something to prevent this torturous suffering in hundreds, possibly thousands of women and our unborn children.

Not only am I eternally grateful for your desire and willingness to create this show depicting HG to educate and aware others, but I am also deeply honored to be given the chance to attend the taping to proudly represent my HG Sisters throughout the world. I am truly humbled by the request, and even more humbled that I am blessed enough to be present.

Thank you once again. You have my deepest appreciation for the benevolent work that you do, and most especially for what you are doing for me, my family, and the women who both knowingly suffer and suffer without knowing of this terrible condition that is HG.

Sincerely,
Tina H.
Tatteredtoo 'at' yahoo.com
www.tatteredtoo.com
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Well Said!

Postby JourneyOfHope » Mar 01, 2007 10:59 am

That was a wonderful letter. Just wanted to let you know.

Janis
JourneyOfHope
Welcomed Friend

Postby tatteredtoo » Mar 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Thank you Janis, I couldn't put in to detail much about my own story at first, so this was all I could give. It's nice to know that someone else things kindly of it despite not sharing more of a personal experience. :oops: Thank you again.
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil