my story

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

my story

Postby JennyK » Feb 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Dr. Phil:

This is not what a pregnant woman is supposed to look like.

I was in my first trimester of my second hyperemesis pregnancy when this photo was taken. About a week prior I had considered terminating my wanted and planned pregnancy for fear that my 2-year-old daughter might be left without a mom if I continued.

My first pregnancy was difficult, involving a central line, intravenous nutrition and about a dozen hospital visits. My second pregnancy was even worse, requiring that I receive nutrition either through a central line or a feeding tube until delivery. I spent over a month in the hospital cumulatively and had regular visits from a home health nurse when I was at home. My pregnancies were almost too difficult--and at times too dangerous--for me to endure, even with supportive family and friends, a good doctor and health insurance.

I am blessed to have two healthy children despite the hyperemesis. But I know I cannot have the third child I long for. My two hyperemesis pregnancies were devastating to my family's finances and my career.

Thank you for drawing attention to this horrible illness. I hope that as a result more women who are sick with HG will get the help they need and we will make progress in finding effective treatments.
Last edited by JennyK on Mar 01, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby stephensmam » Mar 01, 2007 2:05 pm

Jenny thank you that is a powerfull picture it says more than a hundred letters, thank you for sharing, brings back memories too
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil