Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Stephigirl1 » Feb 26, 2007 3:01 am

Thank you Dr. Phil and staff!! Your coverage on HG will not go in vain! I can't help but think of all the lives this will touch. To have people be informed about this dibilitating disease is a victory and I thank you for your willingness to help.

I was diagnosed with HG with both of my pregnancies. With my first, I started feeling sick from week 5. I had lossed about 15 lbs in the first month. My doctor was going to admit me to the ER due to dehydration and off the chart amount of keytones in my urine. But, once he did the sonogram..my baby had passed ( 11 weeks )

My husband and I mourned the loss of our first..It was so hard to think of trying again. My husband helped me find a website and led me to the HER foundation. I was able to read stories of hope and find a great support group. We did try again...and I became pregnant.

I was so scared! I continued to find great support at the HER website! It was still difficult for me physically and emotionally at times. I lossed more weight..was put on meds, by week 7 I was in the ER for dehydration. Sent home...week 9 in the ER again! This time sent home with a PICC line and nurse.

On top of all that all of my relationships suffered...my husband wanted to help me, but didn't know how. He became frusterated at this disease. It was supposed to be a very happy time for both of us and HG robbed us of that. I became very depressed and no one understood me. My friends thought I just had morning sickness and to just get on with my life. I could not get on with my life...I was fighting for it!

I will keep this short...but, I did have my miracle baby and she is happy and healthy. I am still recovering emotionally and physically due to HG. This outlet and this support group here is truly a blessing! Thank you for letting my girls be HEARD!!!!!!
Stephanie
Baby in heaven Sept. 2005
Charis Evangeline 10/23/06
Ezra Emmanuel 6/3/09
HG Survivor
Stephigirl1
Been There Done That

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil