HG Suvivor

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

HG Suvivor

Postby MM78 » Feb 24, 2007 10:53 pm

Dear Dr. Phil,
I sit here tonight in awe after reading the letters that some of my fellow HG suvivors have written to you.There are really no words that could be written to describe the devestation that Hyperemesis can cause.The loss that we endure is vast and the pain we experience lasts forever.I recently read a book written by a women that had breast cancer.The similarities between cancer and Hg took my breath away.I imagine that is how many of us feel.Like we have cancer.The only light at the end of the tunnel is that if we are lucky we have a prize at the end.However the sad truth of this disease is that we are all not that fourtunate.Like my fellow suvivors have written this disease is a thief.It takes your very life and twists it inside out and robs us of an exsistance that will never again be the same.It robs us of ourselves. The pain and suffering of this disease is like a knife to the heart that you carry around with you every minute of every day.I sit here and cry tears of sadness.There are women in this world that suffer from this disease that HAVE NO IDEA IT EXSISTS.They are told they are crazy,faking there illnesses for attention,and worst of all they are told that they must really not want there children.I can tell you here and now sir,that there is not a day that goes by that I do not miss the child that I lost with every breath I take.There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank God from the bottom of my heart for the son that I am BLESSED to have .Please use your power of media to give this disease a voice.The women of this site are the most brave,caring and heartfelt group of individuals I have ever seen.They support one another with strength and courage.They are fighters.I will repeat what others have already said before me.The world needs to know that this disease exsists.There are women and children out there that CAN be saved.Thank you for using your show to help us.

Cheri Metcalf
KY.
Cheri MOM TO:
Michael Scott-12/21/03-HG Baby
Lost Angel-03/07/02-HG Pregnancy
MM78
Welcomed Friend

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil