Finally!

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Finally!

Postby Caitlin's mom » Feb 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Dr. Phil,
I have always loved your show, but never so much as when I found out you were discussing HG. HOORAY! I am a survivor of this debilitating illness and I have a beautiful daughter to show for it. I cannot describe how devastating HG is. Does anyone know what it is like to be growing a child in your body, yet your body is constantly fighting you? Have you ever passed out in a doctor's office, only to be told, "It's just morning sickness, why don't you eat a popsicle?" Have you ever thrown up fifty times in one day and still been refused medical care? If I sound angry, I am. Everyday I pray for women who have to go through this. I found this website two weeks ago and it has been a Godsend.
Dr. Phil, you are one of the most genuine human beings I have seen on television. Maybe you can talk some sense into employers, health care providers, and insurance companies who think this is a psychological ailment. Women with HG are not crazy and we love our babies! Thank you for reading this letter. Best of luck with the show.
Sincerely,
Bridget

Caitlin's mom
Devoted to You

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil