HG Researchers Need Your Help! Genes and Risk Factors Study

See research studies underway and learn how you can participate.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Postby mfejzo » Jun 14, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi. Some people are writing asking if we still need people for our HG study. YES!!! We need 1,000 women who have had or currently have HG to participate. We are at 287....so we need 713 more of you out there. Please participate and help by passing on the info to your affected friends.
If you are interested in participating to help us find the cause of HG, contact me at nvpstudy@usc.edu
Marlena (2X HG survivor)
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby Xphile_mo » Jun 18, 2007 3:51 pm

I would LOVE to participate .... sadly, I am a UK'er and you're not able to take me. :( :( :(

So ....... c'mon you US HG sufferers!!!!!! :D If you have time, PLEASE take part in this fabulous opportunity to help those who come after us!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Still need people for our HG genetic study

Postby mfejzo » Jun 22, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi. Some people are writing asking if we still need people for our HG study. YES!!! We need 1,000 women who have had or currently have HG to participate. We are at 303....so we need 697 more of you out there. Please participate and help by passing on the info to your affected friends and your ob office.
If you are interested in participating to help us find the cause of HG, contact me at nvpstudy@usc.edu
Marlena (2X HG survivor)
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby mfejzo » Jun 29, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi. Some people are writing asking if we still need people for our HG study. YES!!! We need 1,000 women who have had or currently have HG to participate. We are at 310....so we need 690 more of you out there. Please participate and help by passing on the info to your affected friends and your ob office.
If you are interested in participating to help us find the cause of HG, contact me at nvpstudy@usc.edu. Finding the biological cause of HG will bring us that much closer to developing better therapies and a cure. Please take part-we need all of you to participate!
Marlena (2X HG survivor)
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Study update

Postby mfejzo » Jul 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi. Some people are writing asking if we still need people for our HG study. YES!!! We need 1,000 women who have had or currently have HG to participate. Thank you to our 316 participants....but we need 684 more of you out there. Please participate and help by passing on the info to your affected friends and your ob office and posting on pregnancy-related websites.
If you are interested in participating to help us find the cause of HG, contact me at nvpstudy@usc.edu. Finding the biological cause of HG will bring us that much closer to developing better therapies and a cure. Please take part-we need all of you to participate!
Marlena (2X HG survivor)
nvpstudy@usc.edu
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby mfejzo » Jul 23, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi. Some people are writing asking if we still need people for our HG study. YES!!! We need 1,000 women who have had or currently have HG to participate. Thank you to our 327 participants....but we need 673 more of you out there. Please participate and help by passing on the info to your affected friends and your ob office and posting on pregnancy-related websites.
Marlena (2X HG survivor)
nvpstudy@usc.edu
mfejzo
Been There Done That

We are one-third of the way there!

Postby mfejzo » Aug 04, 2007 11:41 am

Hi all,
We are one-third of the way there, with 333 eligible participants with HG! Please pass on my email nvpstudy@usc.edu to anyone you know with HG so we can get to our 1,000 as soon as possible. We need all of you to participate to help find a cause and cure for this devastating disease. You can be, but do not need to be currently pregnant to participate.
Thank you to all of you who have already contacted me!
Marlena (HGX2)
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby Xphile_mo » Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am

Can I also just ask - can the control have had 2 pregnancies if one did not come to full term, or is it only if they have had 2 full-term pregnancies?

(sorry if that upsets anyone, but one of my control possibilities has had 3 pregnancies, but only has 1 child) :(
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby mfejzo » Aug 08, 2007 9:58 am

She needs to have had at least 2 pregnancies that went beyond 27 weeks to be sure she didn't develop severe nausea/vomiting during the 1st or 2nd trimester.
FYI here are the control eligibility questions:

1) Have you had at least 2 pregnancies that went beyond 27 weeks?

2) Did you have a) no nausea and vomiting or b) mild (meaning that it did not interfere with your daily routine) in all of your pregnancies?

3) Did you have any weight loss due to nausea and vomiting in any pregnancy?

4) Did you seek medical attention to treat symptoms of nausea and/or vomiting in any pregnancy?

5) Are you between the age of 18-50?

M
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby Xphile_mo » Aug 08, 2007 11:45 am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Don't think she made it to 27 weeks with the other two pregnancies so that rules her out. Have others to ask though, so will do!
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby Xphile_mo » Aug 12, 2007 10:28 am

If you are <b> NOT </b> from the US and would like to take part, you now can - if you can afford to pay for a 5-15 min phone call to Los Angeles, California and possibly for the DNA samples to be sent and returned.

Please e-mail marlena @ nvpstudy@usc.edu if you are interested and she will let you know your eligibility for taking part in this fabulous study opportunity.

I have posted a separate thread also in this folder in case non-US HG'ers did not check back to this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated x x x
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

study update

Postby mfejzo » Sep 08, 2007 12:36 am

Thank you for all your posts Moira, and Alyssa is adorable!

Just a quick study update:
Thank you to our 360 participants, but we have 640 to go...we need everyone who has had HG to participate to help us find the cause and cure! Please contact me at nvpstudy@usc.edu to participate.
Thank you!
Marlena (2XHG survivor)
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Update...

Postby mfejzo » Oct 13, 2007 12:19 am

Just a quick study update:
Thank you to our 385 participants, but we have 615 to go...we need everyone who has had HG to participate to help us find the cause and cure! Please contact me at nvpstudy@usc.edu to participate.
Thank you!
Marlena (2XHG survivor)
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby Jenny » Oct 13, 2007 11:03 am

I am curious, my interview was quite a while ago and I sent the forms quite a long time ago and haven't heard anything. Does that mean you never got the forms or just there is a time delay between? Does it impact anything if I am once again expecting?
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby mfejzo » Oct 13, 2007 11:10 am

Congrats on your pregnancy and of course you can still participate-we need you. If you haven't received your kit, that means we never received your consent forms (sorry-I don't know why). Please fax or mail them again. Here is the link to the forms if you lost them....http://www.helpher.org/downloads/USC_In ... t_Form.pdf
There may be a new section on sending in your medical records if possible that was not on the old form you sent, so let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for checking in!
Marlena
mfejzo
Been There Done That

HG study-please help

Postby mfejzo » Oct 22, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi all. Participation is slowing down and we really need everyone who has had HG to participate to find the biological cause of HG. If you are too sick to participate now, please have a caretaker email me (nvpstudy@usc.edu) with your contact email and put HG NOW in the subject line so I can get you in the system and contact you when you are feeling better. Please spread the word about the study by passing my email address out to your nurses and obstetricians and any friends with HG. You do not need to currently be pregnant to participate, you just need to have suffered from HG treated with iv hydration at least once. There is no cost or travel to participants living in the US. The survey can be filled out online and we will send you a kit in the mail to collect your saliva. This study is the first step to finding the cure for HG. Please help make a difference so the next generation doesn't have to suffer like we did.
Sincerely,
Marlena Schoenberg Fejzo, Ph.D, nvpstudy@usc.edu
HG Researcher and 2X HG sufferer
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Please help-everyone is needed!

Postby mfejzo » Nov 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Hi all. Participation is slowing down (thank you to our 397 HGers and 126 friends---but we need 1,000 of you out there!!!) We really need everyone who has had HG to participate to find the biological cause of HG. If you are too sick to participate now, please have a caretaker email me (nvpstudy@usc.edu) with your contact email and put HG NOW in the subject line so I can get you in the system and contact you when you are feeling better. Please spread the word about the study by passing my email address out to your nurses and obstetricians and any friends with HG. You do not need to currently be pregnant to participate, you just need to have suffered from HG treated with iv hydration at least once. There is no cost or travel to participants living in the US. The survey can be filled out online and we will send you a kit in the mail to collect your saliva. This study is the first step to finding the cure for HG. Please help make a difference so the next generation doesn't have to suffer like we did.
Sincerely,
Marlena Schoenberg Fejzo, Ph.D, nvpstudy@usc.edu
HG Researcher and 2X HG sufferer
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Previous

Return to Research Opportunities