question for moderators

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

question for moderators

Postby stephanie greene » Oct 11, 2004 4:36 pm

HI Gals,

first let me start by saying thank you. what an amazing lifeline you are to sooooo many. Truly a blessing. You are making a difference in many lives. Your time and encouragement is greatl appreciated.
First let me give you a little bg... I had severe HG my first pg. PICC IV ZOfran...unisom/b6...you know everything and sick sick sick from week 6 until 6 days after delivery! whew
now I am pg again...today 13weeks and one day.smile and although I am very nauseous I have not thrown up once. It is still hard and this pg is a challenge but in all honesty NOTHING like the nightmare I endured with my daughter. My question is should I post in the 2nd tri group? They are all SOOOOO sick like I was the first time but am not now. I kinda feel out of place. Not wanting to frustrate anyone and wanting to respect the severity of many hg'ers illness.....?????IF not in the 2nd tri group...anywhere else? I am ok wih being told no. That this is not an HG pregnancy. I guess that would even be good news. smile. I am on Zofran and unisom b6 colace....need all that to maintain and to keep from throwing up but...

thank you,
Stephanie
HG survivor
* McKenna 2002
* Nathan 2005
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

Postby mammaclare » Oct 11, 2004 6:57 pm

Stephanie-

Congratulations on having a better go round this time. You are still an HG survivor and still have plenty to add. If you are feeling uncomfortable with your relative health, then of course don't make a big deal of it, but please don't avoid posting. Your experience with your first gives you so much to offer in any trimester board!

Also, there are some women who have rotten, awful HG for the first 20 weeks and then a breeze from then on. From one who was on Zofran until I delivered, I was always a little envious of those women who were due around the same time as me but doing better. However, I never would have wanted them to shy away from posting. If anything, it gave me some hope that it might end before I delivered.

You are so kind to be considerate and thoughtful in asking about posting, clearly you aren't the type to make others feel bad. I hope that the other moderators agree with me, and I suspect that they will, when I say please keep posting--in any board and any thread that you can add something-advice, kind words, etc.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby RebeccaM » Oct 11, 2004 11:53 pm

Stephanie,

I agree with Clare. You've suffered HG and you have a lot to offer and share with others.

Personally, I think that if you need Zofran, it is an HG pregnancy. When I finally started taking Zofran regularly I seldom puked and I felt much better (though still fairly sick). But without it I was vomitting every 15-30 minutes. If your situation is similar to what mine was, I'd say it's definitely HG. It's just that you've taken proactive measures in treating your HG and you're actually able to feel somewhat normal because of the Zofran.

I'm so glad that you are feeling much better this time around. Please keep posting. You are in a great position to be a support for other girls that are really struggling. Personally, stories like yours give me courage to do it again, so thanks! :)

And that's my two cents :)
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby MamaLily » Oct 12, 2004 12:13 am

Stephanie -

You are kind to even think about this. I agree with Clare and Rebecca. You are an HG survivor...whether this pregnancy is an HG pregnancy or not, you have been through the worst and have thoughts, feelings, experiences, and support to share. Please continue posting anywhere! As the moderator of the 2nd Tri folder, I'd love to have you keep on adding your experiences. You can give hope to many HG sufferers that things can be better the 2nd time around, you can help remind HGers preparing to TTC that proactive care can help prevent the worst, you can sympathize with everyone going through the horrors of severe HG. Having a non-HG pregnancy (or a mild HG pregnancy) is the dream of all of us here. And I LOVE to know that an HG survivor has lived that dream! And, frankly, you deserve our support and encouragement also. You are one of us and we want to hear from you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Ask the Administrators