admins, are we ready?

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

admins, are we ready?

Postby octobermomma » Feb 28, 2007 9:26 am

Just wanted to voice a concern. With all the publicity that HG and the HER website is going to get from the Dr Phil show are we ready for an influx of people who are in need of support or those who are just "looking" to find out more information? My reason for this question is two-fold:

1. I don't want the boards to crash from the extra traffic and the women who rely on these forums for support to be without their support system when they need it.

2. I want to make sure that the "new" HG'ers who finally realize that this board exists are able to get the much needed support to help them on their journey.

Just a nagging concern in the back of my head.....
~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Postby krdoty » Feb 28, 2007 12:56 pm

Kelly - Good thinking! I was wondering about that last night myself. I've been thinking for a while about whether I have it in me to volunteer to be a buddy. Time to start examining that possibility a little bit more seriously to see if maybe I can be of help during/after the influx.
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby dwtegli » Feb 28, 2007 8:37 pm

I think we are ready, but you never know. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby pkremer » Mar 01, 2007 3:28 am

I don't know if there's anything I can do, but I own an internet service provider and have extensive technical experience with web hosting. If things hit the fan I'm willing to do whatever needs to be done technically.
pkremer

Return to Ask the Administrators