Breadwinner with HG

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Breadwinner with HG

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jun 08, 2004 6:16 am

What about having a thread that addressed choosing PG, and prepping for hG, and being the breadwinner in your home? We're in that situation, and I'm seeing others that say they are also... maybe tips for those that are planning to get pregnant, and how to talk to bosses, how to prep your insurance... not a heads up per say, but to find out what meds are covered, what kind of help is paid for... maybe work related issues.. how do you deal with losing work, how do you deal with being the bill-payer in your home, and wanting to have kids... how do you manage?
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 11, 2004 9:28 pm

I think this sounds like a great topic for the insurance and employment folder! I'm going to go ahead and start a thread in that folder and put some of my ideas in it, hopefully we'll get some good ideas going!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 13, 2004 1:01 am

Yeah, I think we already have this covered, in two parts - one in ttc, and the other w/ the Employment and Ins. forum. I can expand the definition of the Employment and Ins. Forum to include being the breadwinner concerns.

One concern I have is making things too departmentalized. I already wonder if that is the case. :oops: It's not like we have 100s of members - so I know that everyone ttc, regardless if they've miscarried or not, terminated, or not, work, or not, everyone needs to ttc together, because they need that support. Yeah, there are issues that are separate for individuals, and always those who have been there, done that to lean on - but there's also that commaraderie of going through the same phase together that is so important for HGers.

Hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

breadwinner with HG

Postby carla » Jul 01, 2005 12:47 am

HI everyone,

I am with you on this.

My hubby has a great job, but I have a lot of the benifits. It is a very stressful situation. How can I help with this link?
carla
HG Diva

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 01, 2005 3:28 pm

Are you interested in finding out more information, or communicating with women who are in your same shoes w/ work and insurance? I think I need more info to help me reallize what you are meaning by helping with this link. :)

Thanks, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Ask the Administrators