Miscarriages

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Miscarriages

Postby ashleymoore65 » Jun 06, 2004 4:04 pm

hi- Can we think about adding a forum for moms who have lost their babies in a miscarriage? I think it would be beneficial to know other moms who have experienced the loss of a child while fighting HG. Thanks!
Pregnant with #3. Praying for healthy baby abd live birth! Mommy to son Greyson- born 8/19/01, baby Moore lost at 15 weeks 3/09/04 and Mommy to Grant 6/29/ 2005. Severe HG with all 3 pregnancies. TPN, PICC, Zofran Pump, Hospitalization, Home Health Care, you know the drill!
ashleymoore65

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 13, 2004 12:48 am

We have a "Stories of Grief" forum for discussing losses, including miscarriage. It's at the bottom. Is that sufficient, but just hard to find, or do you think that it's unclear?

Let me know,

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby cthmschler » Jun 13, 2004 2:09 pm

Andy
Personally, I've frequently thought that the "Trying to Conceive After Loss" folder should be for those who have terminated OR miscarried while suffering from HG. But I also think that Ashley's idea is a good one.
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Miscarriages

Postby ashleymoore65 » Jun 13, 2004 9:47 pm

Hey Andy- I agree that we could combine them. The way it is worded now leans toward terminations only. I did find the stories of grief but people might feel like it is just a place for stories and not for questions. BTW- it is so neat to see that we already have 132 members. :) Thanks for the good work! Ashley
Pregnant with #3. Praying for healthy baby abd live birth! Mommy to son Greyson- born 8/19/01, baby Moore lost at 15 weeks 3/09/04 and Mommy to Grant 6/29/ 2005. Severe HG with all 3 pregnancies. TPN, PICC, Zofran Pump, Hospitalization, Home Health Care, you know the drill!
ashleymoore65

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 15, 2004 11:31 pm

You know, you've brought up a really good point. The "Stories" forums are here because they were part of the old HER forums. Do you gals think they'll be used? Are they necessary? Would they be better changed to be interactive forums for discussion?

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 16, 2004 12:15 am

Hey Andy. I think they would be better if they were more interactive, instead of just "Stories."

I also was thinking about what you said in another post about the forums being too "departmentalized," and I can see how that might be a problem. For example, I agree that if you're ttc than you're, whether you've miscarried, terminated, or have had previous children. One forum might be a little nicer, so EVERYONE who is ttc can talk together.

Some other ideas along this line: Protocols for HG and Preparation for HG seem very similar in my mind. Could they be combined? Also, I was thinking about the Lack of Support forum and noticing it didn't have any posts, which is interesting considering that is one of the biggest issues of HG. I think maybe the reason is that lack of support so many aspects of having HG, that it is already thouroughly discussed in all of the other forums. One last thing: There is a Fathers Speak Out section with two separate forums, and there is a Family and Friends section with one forum. Both have a How to help Mom forum. Maybe this could be combined–since Fathers are family–and the fathers could have just the How Do I Cope? forum. It would probably easier for the guys anyhow to only have one forum to think about. :lol:

Did any of this make sense? I hope so. Sorry if it didn't :?

These were all just some thoughts I had, so feel free to listen to all of them or none of them :) . I really love these new forums.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 16, 2004 1:07 am

Yeah, I've been wondering some of these same things. I might just go ahead and do some editing, deleting and moving around to streamline things a bit more. I wonder if it's just all too big!

Andy
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Just a note from a newbie

Postby kmwilson » Jun 29, 2004 10:29 pm

I'm quite uncomfortable about saying something that might come across wrong or hurt the feelings of someone who has miscarried or terminated.

In that aspect I like knowing whether a group is ttc or grieving etc. Don't know if this helps.
Kimberly
Frisco, TX
2 HG Pregnancies
Daughter 2000
Son 2002

HG began at 6-8 wks; Zofran from 12 wks until around 25-26 wks. Despite HG, I loved the miracle of birth.
kmwilson

Return to Ask the Administrators