What's going on in the world of research?

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

What's going on in the world of research?

Postby justme » Nov 30, 2006 10:44 am

Hi,

Although I love and appreciate the forums, I was wondering about the education and research aspect of HER lately. What types of research is being done? What kind of doctor participation/support does HER have? What is the status after the capitol hill briefing? How is the funding? Waht can we do to help?

Hugs,
Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby tatteredtoo » Nov 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Karen, I've been wondering the same but thought that I was just not seeing it somewhere on the site, so I've been looking through and am just not finding what I'm looking for. Your questions are almost exactly what I was wondering, too.
Are there research studies going on for HG that we can refer women to if we come across an hging woman? I'll be participating in a study (actually going in for my first visit next week) so if there aren't any research studies currently going on, is it ok to ask these research companies if they will be doing one on HG eventually? Is there already a foot in the door or do we need to get on doing that?
Also, I know the briefing is done, but what can we do to encourage more help from our gov. leaders now that the briefing isn't there for them to go to? I didn't know about the briefing until it was already over with.
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Return to Ask the Administrators