I am computer retarded...please help me!

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

I am computer retarded...please help me!

Postby Rubygirl8808 » Oct 20, 2006 9:28 am

I have absolutely NO idea how to post a picture. I would ask my hubby, but I just know he is gonna make fun of me again(I needed help with an excel spreadsheet last week) I can't let him get one up on me again-childish I know-but will you help any way? Step by step in plain english-PLEASE? Thanks ladies
Aidan Philip became an angel 5/10/05
EDD 9/26/05
Rubygirl8808
Been There Done That

Postby justme » Oct 20, 2006 9:33 am

Sarah,

I know how to do it using photobucket.com. You can set up a free account there. The you click "browse" and select the picture from your computer. After it is selected, you then click "upload". It will allow you to resize, rotate, etc. Click edit and then select the "message board" size for your picture and click on "resize".

You will see three lines of code. 1 will be the html tag. 1 will be a url tag. And the third one will be the img code. This is what you use to past the image directly in to your message.

When you create your message on the forum, copy and past the IMG tag line for the image out of photobucket and into your message. Then the photo will appear in your message.

Good luck,
Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby HelenA » Oct 20, 2006 10:41 am

Check out the life forum, there is a thread stickied in there for ticker, sigs and avatar help.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby Rubygirl8808 » Oct 20, 2006 7:51 pm

Thanks so much for the tips ladies, but no luck-I told you I was computer retarded! Guess I'll have to ask hubby after all darnit-he's going to love jabbin me for this one. He thinks it is so funny that I have made it this far in life with such substandard computer skills. My little brother knows way more about this stuff than I ever will :wink:
Aidan Philip became an angel 5/10/05
EDD 9/26/05
Rubygirl8808
Been There Done That

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 20, 2006 7:57 pm

Don't feel bad, there's others that have no luck with the computer stuff either (not me of course :D .) Of course there's plenty of other things that I'll never understand. Tell you hubby he's not allowed to make fun of you.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby tatteredtoo » Oct 20, 2006 8:25 pm

Hey Ruby, if you can't get help from your hubby I could help you out. Do you have Yahoo Messenger by chance? If so, we could meet online sometime and I could walk you through it. We could meet here and just use the pm system here if you don't have YM instead.
Send me a pm if you'd like to try that and let me know when a good time for you is. If you don't want to, that's ok, I hope you can figure it out soon. :)
-Tina
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Return to Ask the Administrators