I've been Delivered!!!

Announce your births and share your birth stories here.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47

I've been Delivered!!!

Postby Hotbrass » May 21, 2006 12:32 pm

No more HG for a while! Here is the birth story of Turner Lewis.

I was bound and determined to enjoy one of our first really nice days here in Northwestern Montana by laying for a few moments in the sun on a lounger. I even lifted up my tank top and sunned my belly a little.......O.K. a little too much for someone who hasn't seen much sun in over 9 months!

I started having a few contracts here and there but thats not new. pretty soon I started to few a little sick (heat stroke?) so I went in to take a shower and lay down. That was about 5pm. I kept having these harder or deeper contractions about every 7min. I talked to my DH and he was just going on another service call and I said go on but this might be the night. I called my Mom to came over after work and she did at a little after 6:30ish. She saw my red face and legs burnt from my ankle to my hair line minus where panties, sleep bra and sunglasses covered and I was in bad trouble.

I called the MW at about 8pm and she and her assistant were there at 9ish. I'm still in denial that this is it because it could all stop and I would feel bad for getting these ladies out for nothing. I labored on a birth ball for most of this up till now and the MW said I might want to have DH get the tub filled. I said ok let's try it. (this was so nice!)

This labor was very different from my other two. The MW never checked me (just the baby's heart) (I wondered how I would know when it was ok to push and she said just try it and if it hurts, stop if it feels right then do it. You will know. )and I had time to really relax between contractions even at the end.
So, I delivered him under the water so gently and peacefully. It was so beautiful! We did video it and my Mom took still photos. My DH was fantastic and it was just everything I prayed for and then even better!

The kids did come out to watch and our Dd was the first to see the sex. She was so excited! He was covered in vernix (sp?) so thick I had it all over my lips from kissing him.

We did get the cord blood and I'm so glad we did. I didn't tear at all!!! No hemorrhaging like the other two. I had so much energy that I realized that I had been up over 26 hours and didn't even feel tired :shock:

Anyway, I would do it ALL over again in a heartbeat and we feel so blessed by God that he would give us another gift of life. My nipples are SOOOO SORE and someone needs to step on my toes when he latches on, I have to breath through it!! But I know it will be better soon and it is worth the suffering.

So now I will see if I can put a couple photos up. Thanks to you all for your support through this long tough trip!! Monique

PS. I forgot the stats! Turner was 8lb. 4oz., head=14, chest=14, 21 inches long born at 2:11 AM at home in the tub on May 18th. He has dark hair and skin and I think he has light eyes.
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Postby Atsie » May 21, 2006 12:37 pm

That is wonderful. It sounds like a wonderful birth. I am so glad it went well. Your post sounds so content. With the nipples as the exception!
I can't wait to see the photos!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Cin » May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Hooray! Congrats on the birth, the baby, and being HG-free.

I am very happy the birth went the way you hoped. :D
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby ncgirlinmn » May 21, 2006 4:10 pm

Congratulations! I loved reading your birth story!

I can't wait til it's my turn!!!

Love the pix in the other thread, too!
Anna
DSS Matt - 17
DSS Tyler - 14
DSS Bryan - 14
Angel - 08/04
Sam - 10/10/06 (HG wk 8 - delivery; stroke at 11 wks)
ImageImage
ncgirlinmn
Been There Done That

Postby mandy » May 21, 2006 4:13 pm

Wow, that sounds like such a wonderful experience. I'm glad you got the birth you wanted after all you have been through to get there. A little pay back at least...

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby Babyontheway » May 21, 2006 4:46 pm

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy that everything went well for you, and that you have your bundle of joy to hold in your arms now :D :D
Lynn

EDD May 26, 2006
Babyontheway
Opinionated HGer

Postby rjdecker » May 21, 2006 6:36 pm

Monique,

Such a beautiful birth! So peaceful! It sounds like this baby might just need a bigger than the ones I have been doing. Hmm, should be fun! A boy!!!!!!!

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby Marie » May 21, 2006 10:05 pm

How exciting. What a wonderful birth story. Congratulaitons on your lil man, and would love to see pictures.

Hugs,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby Natalie » May 22, 2006 7:48 am

WELL DONE Monique, a beautiful home birth and a water birth to boot - you must be so thrilled. Not to mention the beautiful baby of course...

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby mshellebean27 » May 22, 2006 9:43 am

Yippy, so exciting.. It sounds like you had an awesome home birth... I would love to have a home birth , but it is not offered in our town... I'm glad you are now HG free.. Congrats!!! Michelle
mshellebean27
Been There Done That

Postby dwtegli » May 22, 2006 12:17 pm

What an awesome birth story. congratulations, and I love the pics, what a wonderful family you have.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby _Laurie » May 22, 2006 6:48 pm

Congratulations on little Turner! What a neat birth story!
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » May 24, 2006 3:45 pm

Congrats Monique, I am so glad that you got your home birth! What a big boy!
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby BrandiJK » May 26, 2006 10:59 am

Congrats Monique!!!!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby teddi » May 26, 2006 1:06 pm

Monique-- congratulations on your new little guy! The birth sounds like it was wonderful I'm glad it was as you were hoping. You have a great birth story to tell your son. Enjoy your babymoon, HG is GONE! I'm so happy for you and your family.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Return to Birth Announcements