vomiting during labor

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Postby carla » Sep 14, 2006 8:34 pm

I vomited all through labor and delivery with dd, but as soon as she was out, I didn't vomit once. Vomit free since her birthday march 30th, 2006 :D
carla
HG Diva

Postby Ben's Mom » Sep 15, 2006 5:48 pm

Vomited the whole time. DH had never actually seen me vomit up until that point. I always managed to make it to the bathroom with the door closed. He heard a lot, but never saw anything. The labor was very tramatic for him. He still talks about it.

I also had a c-section and was very sick and almost vomited. I was uncontrolably heaving, but managed to not vomit long enough for them to put something in my IV. Don't know what it was, but that was the last of my nausea. If felt better immediately.

BTW, I took zofran during my entire labor. Didn't help at all.

People talk about how terrible labor is. But I don't remember it being that bad. It was 19 hours of hard pitocin contractions before I finally had an emergency c-section. But it wan't any worse than having HG. I felt just as terrible as I did throught my pregnancy. I suppose it's all relative.
Ben's Mom
Been There Done That

Postby claireL » Sep 15, 2006 6:05 pm

I did not vomit during labour.
I was induced because of the vomiting and my doctor was very concerend that I would not have enough energy to give birth due to the vonting, however my labour was very short.
claireL

Postby Cin » Sep 15, 2006 9:33 pm

Vomited during labour with my sons. Vomited during the C-section and for six hrs afterwards with DD (my HG pg.) Haven't puked since!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Polls & General HG Questions