What's your blood type?

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Postby Garthgirl » Jan 31, 2007 9:17 pm

I am O+ and my mom was O+ also but she had "normal morning sickness." Dh doesn't know his blood type but can't give blood because he has a rare blood disorder (?). Now that I think about it, maybe I should know more about that!

I hope they find a common link...what a miserable time of life it was for me!

Best
Karna, HG Survivor and mom to Madeline (6) and Owen (3 1/2)
Garthgirl

O-

Postby *my3sons* » Feb 03, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm O-
My DH is O+. And, just to make sure I had to have as many freakin' shots as possible along with my many injections of blood thinner for a clot :x , all of my kids are O+ like their daddy. Gotta love that whole RH- vs RH+ issue.
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Postby 4rivers » Feb 03, 2007 1:16 pm

I'm O+ and DD i sB+ like her dad, DH. Don't know what this new kid is. My mom never even had morning sickness. I don't know her blood type, but it's not O+. My dad is O+. I didn't have HG with DD but did have NVP throughout.
Tasneem
4rivers
Been There Done That

Another tally???

Postby *my3sons* » Feb 04, 2007 4:42 pm

Hey Nicole......if you're still reading this thread.....you didn't happen to jot down what people's husband's types were, did you? It'd be interesting to see what the rh differences are between mom and dad.

Another thing I was wondering......WARNING: This is probably going to be totally TMI but here goes - I am also allergic to DH's sperm which causes intense burning after (you know) :oops: . I'm sorry, I just had to get that out as I have never told anyone....not even my OBGYN as I thought it was just one more oddity about me. We've been married 18 yrs. and this has been the case FOREVER. I never knew it was an allergy until I read a magazine this summer and it was actually mentioned in the personal health questions section. Has anyone else experienced this???

When I ended up with HG during each pg I kinda wondered if, yet again, my body was rejecting a "foreign substance."
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Postby Kenderyl » Feb 04, 2007 7:17 pm

I have A- bloodtype which requires an injection of RhoGam during and after a pregnancy or suspected pregnancy.

My mother has A-
My father has O+
My siblings are all A+

My son and one daughter have B+
Kimber has A- (like me and my mother)

Grey is + but I don't know which one. We'll see what our baby is.
Mother to Boo (19), Hopie (18), Kimberz (15), Gracie (9), RiverMonster (6), and our youngest to be...??
Consider me an experienced HG Survivor! 4/5 pregnancies w/ severe HG from conception to birth.
Facebook: Kenderyl
Kenderyl
HG Diva

Postby jajanko » Feb 10, 2007 3:12 am

My mom (also a 3x hg sufferer) is O+
I am A-
Dh is B+
DD is B+
DS is O+ (got an interesting biology lesson along with my rhogam shot when we learned this one)
baby #3, I don't know
Jennifer
3 HG pregnancies
Julia 12/01
Andrew 7/05
#3 lost 10/25/06 at 17.5 wks because of severe hg
jajanko

Postby Japster » Mar 07, 2007 12:12 am

B+
---Elana---
DD 10/2000, moderate HG
DD 10/2002, severe HG w/ PICC & NGtube
Japster

Postby catsandfrogs » Mar 07, 2007 9:09 am

Both Dh and I are A+

my dd's are also both A+

Shannon
Shannon

dd#1 - 8 years old
dd#2 - 4 years old

ImageImage
catsandfrogs
HG Expert

Blood type

Postby Gul. » Apr 30, 2007 12:12 pm

I am B+
Gul.

Postby jwinning221 » May 01, 2007 9:26 pm

B+
Jenn

2 Severe HG pgs and three beautiful angels.

"Don't tell me that I won't, I can. Don't tell me that I'm not, I am. Don't tell me that my master plan ain't comin' true. Don't tell me that I won't, I will. Don't tell me how to think and feel. Don't tell me 'cause I know what's real, what I can do" --Joss Stone "Free Me"
jwinning221
Devoted to You

Postby C&G'sMommy » May 01, 2007 9:31 pm

I'm O+
ImageImage
~Caiden Nicholas~ - Lost 7/26/06 (Forever 17 Weeks)
Gabbriela Cadence - 6/22/07
~Taylor Blakely~ - Lost 10/3/07
C&G'sMommy
Master of HG

What + means in a blood type?

Postby Gul. » May 02, 2007 7:52 am

Can someone explain what does + mean in relation to a blood type? It means positive, but what positive exactly means in this case?
Gul.

I've been laughed at

Postby Gul. » May 02, 2007 7:55 am

When I told people in Russia that my blood type is B+, they laughed, they said there is no such thing as +, when it comes to blood type. It happened at several occasions. I wonder.
Gul.

ab+ here too

Postby Barbnj » Jun 28, 2007 1:37 pm

:idea: Just wondering if there is a link to it??
Barbnj
Been There Done That

Postby Hilary » Jun 28, 2007 6:23 pm

B+ is a real blood type LOL

Me O-
Dh O+

DD#1 O-
DD#2 O-

My mom (HG x 5) A-
Sister (HGx1) A-
Maternal Grandmother (HGx3) A-
Paternam Grandmother (HGx5) O-

MIL (HGx2, NVx3) O-

I wish this was a poll so that I could glance at the results!

The + or - refere to the Rh factor on a blood cell. It is a carbohdrate chain that sticks out, kind of like a flag off of the blood cells. If your blood cells have it you are +, if not you are -. The type pf blood (A,B,O,AB) is completely independent of the Rh factor. If you have the Rh factor your body doesn't react to other Rh factor (this is totally a broad explanation here) if your cells don't have the Rh factor your body will mount a HUGE immune response (instant clotting) to the factor. That is why the Rh factor is so important. The same thing with the A,B,and AB types. They have an A chain a B chain or both. If you have type O you don't have any chains--which is why you can donante to anyone. O- is the universal donor because the other blood types and + Rh factors blood "ignore" the O- blood and just go along. O- can only have O- blood because all the other types have chains that the immune system recognized as forgien and attacks. It is really interesting there are over 200 blood factors, but these 2 are the most important. HTH and isn't just confusing!
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby SarahD » Jul 05, 2007 1:56 pm

I am A+.

My OB mentioned m/s and HG can come from the father's side, which seems to fit for me. No one in my family ever experienced m/s or HG, but my MIL had severe m/s and her mom had HG.

I noticed quite a few moms were O but DH's were A. Interesting.
SarahD
Been There Done That

Blood groups

Postby Merrion » Jul 13, 2007 8:38 am

Hi.
I'm O-, as is my eldest daughter and my hubby is A+, as is my youngest daughter, HG both times.

Interestingly, a very good friend of mine who I met while in hospital with HG 2nd time round, is A+ and I believe she suffered worse than me.

However, my mum is A+ and didn't get any type of pregnancy sickness with either of her pregnancies.

I am petrified for my daughters and hope that in 15-20 years there really is a cure.

I have a point to ponder on which my HG friend and I have often wondered (as we have the blood group link), does anyone out there have very bad eyesight? We both are very short sighted, me -11 left eye -10 right eye.

Merrion xx
Merrion

bloodtype

Postby sillypumpkin » Nov 16, 2007 4:56 pm

O+
sillypumpkin
Welcomed Friend

Previous

Return to Polls & General HG Questions