Let's do a supporter roll call

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

Let's do a supporter roll call

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 19, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi,

I thought it might help the supporter crowd to know who else comes here. Even if you are not an active poster (and many moms visit these forums without ever posting), I encourage to introduce yourself in the hopes that more partners can connect. I know the HG survivors and current HGers can help to support you to an extent, both medically and emotionally, but there is nothing like talking with some one who is having a similar experience.

When introducing yourself, please note who you are; whether you and your partner are survivors, currently HGing, or planning/preparing for HG, and anything else pertinent to your situation that you wish to share.

Thanks,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby madcow » Feb 22, 2006 7:16 am

:D hi suzanne
i am an avid supporter .my sil is going through it so bad at the moment i love talking to all the girls on here they are so helpfull.i dont come on this bit much as no one seems to post much but i will now make a point of comming here so we can build it up a bit :) hope you dont mind i just made a new post (sounds like im recruiting) :shock:

there has to be more than little old me :twisted:
ImageImageImage
madcow
Welcomed Friend

Postby carla » Mar 15, 2006 2:42 am

It makes me sad that this link isn't used very much. I hope we can encourage those around us to use this site more.
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Postby annie » Mar 18, 2006 1:22 pm

Hi, glad to find this site. I have a good friend, Lydiann, who has dealt with HR for her last 6 pregnancies. I'm hoping to find some ideas to help her in her next pregnancy, as she suffers so badly with this extreme nausea.

Any ideas and thoughts are appreciated, I think the only thing so far that has helped somewhat is compazine suppositories (sp).

Nice to meet ya'll!

Annie
annie

Postby carla » Mar 20, 2006 12:39 am

The one thing that has helped me tremendously is Zofran. I am not sure where you are writing from, and if it is available, but it has been so helpful to me!
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Postby annie » Mar 20, 2006 11:09 pm

carla wrote:The one thing that has helped me tremendously is Zofran. I am not sure where you are writing from, and if it is available, but it has been so helpful to me!

Is Zofran one of those more expensive meds? Lydiann and her family are Old Order Amish, so no health insurance. Makes it so tough, and I fear that while the OB they use is a GOOD recommended doc, he might not be so up-to-date on current medical therapies.

Annie
annie

Postby Chedasha » Mar 22, 2006 7:22 pm

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around much. Been busy with life and such.

I was a supporter for my sister.. thank god that is over now.. but never forgotten!

If you are a supporter you wil find this site invaluable. My sister isnt much of an internet user so would never of found this information out. Plus she was too sick to move let alone use the net. I found these sites and would take her funny stories and HG testimonals to read to her. It just let her know there was many options and that there were fellow sufferers who really understood where she was at.

Kat
DD Estella Dawn 06/06/2011
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby alabama27 » Apr 23, 2006 11:37 pm

My daughter hasn't been diagnosed, but some of the things that she tells me that is wrong sure sounds like HG. She says she isn't nauses anymore, just doesn't want to eat. She is just 7 wks. and this is her first. Her fiance isn't sure what to do. He has 3 from previous, I just told him to baby her till she is better. I haven't said anything to her about the HG yet, maybe is it ms, but I will check her weight and ketones when we visit on Wed. I have learnt lots from this site. :oops:
alabama27

Mother of HG daughter

Postby jazzygrams » Jun 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Hi! I'm the mother of an Hger who is in the third trimester of her second pregnancy. First pregnancy was HG as well. This time around she held off the hospital visits until she was about 20 weeks. Last time she had this from about 4 weeks right up to delivery and spent about 7 of the 8 1/2 months in the hospital. She is severe HG. This time she lasted a little later in her pregnancy but the vomiting is a whole lot more severe.

I am just amazed at the stupidity of the healthcare industry concerning this. And the insensitivity among them. Even if they don't understand, the surely should be trained to have better beside manners. It is hard enough for the supporters to try to keep the depression at bay without the nurses and doctors acting like the patient is crazy and bringing this all on herself. I cannot tell you what horrible things they've said and done to my daughter. I am very angry about it.

There is some good news in all this. We come from a large family and my daughter was very concerned about having an only child but didn't want to go through all this for another baby. Knowing it would be her last she and dh decided to try to get through this one more time. Guess what! We are having twins! Miracles do happen! I'm so excited and try to share my excitement with her when she's kind of down.

I hope more supporters will post here, but, I suspected that when the babies are born, they don't find much time to do so.
jazzygrams

Postby Chedasha » Jun 02, 2006 9:12 pm

HI Jazzygrams and welcome. YOu will find this site invaluable to help your daughter through this. Great news about the twins!!!! That may contribute to her sickness as well though.. dont they say twins makes people sicker? As if HG isnt enough for them.

My sister was very lucky in that the nurse she first got when she went up there actually had HG herself so was instrumental in getting the right care.. so that was a relief.. someone who understood. When she was sent across to just the general section the nurses would nod and go yeah Morning sickness I had that. They had NO clue!

My sister has just the one and I think that will be it for her.. its just too much for her to go through that again..plus she would miss about 9 months of her sons life doing it.

Kat
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby jazzygrams » Jun 03, 2006 7:07 am

Kat, what a wonderful sis you are! Yes, I understand what you mean about your sister not wanting to go through this again. Cindi and Matt thought long and hard, considered adoption and other alternatives. But in the end they agreed to try it once more hoping this one may be better. Of course we know that's not the case.

Cindi is blessed with such a large family that I don't think Brooklyn will suffer too much from the loss of Mother at home for this last few weeks. She was fortunate this pregnancy to stay at home until she was about 20 weeks. My granddaughter, Brooklyn has a wonderful daddy who takes her every evening to the hospital to spend the evening with her mother. And he takes very good care of her. We read that children under the age of three very rarely remember any traumatic experiences in their lives so this is one reason they decided if they were ever going to have another, this is the time to do it. We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope with all our love & nurturing that Brooklyn will get through this as well.
jazzygrams

Postby Chedasha » Jun 03, 2006 7:14 am

Oh yeah I don't think Connor would remember and theres sooo many people who go on to do it again because they want more kids. I am sure my sister would of had another if not for HG. Plus years ago when she was about 23 or so she had a Molar pregnancy and I think HG was in that w hich we didn't realise at the time and so she was incredibly sick then and of course the baby never happened. I guess she just cant imagine voluntarily making herself that ill again. She couldnt even swallow her own saliva for nine months. Its definately an insidious thing isnt it? I am sure you daughter has great supportin you and her family and once the twins are here will be overjoyed.
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby alabama27 » Jun 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Well, still suffering. Tammie has some really good days and then really bad days. I keep telling her that the good days will become more and more. She was even able to spend 1 day in a pool and another day swimming in the Gulf (since we live in Florida) and the rest of the night fishing. ONe good day. Since long weekend she has been sick and really sore. But still hanging in there.
alabama27

My sister

Postby dlhallin » Jul 21, 2006 1:44 pm

My sister has had a hard time lately. She was very sick from the beginning, they finally diagnosed her with HG. She found out she was pregnant in March, and was given a due date of Sept. 25, 2006. She went in for an ultrasound at what should have been 12 weeks. They said that the baby was small for being 12 weeks. Her OB GYN left the clinic and she was assigned a new one. Went to the hospital to get IVs for dehydration. She ended up on a zofran pump, and a PIC line. Her new Dr says that she is probably only 18 weeks along now... so this is a "new" baby. And she's now due sometime in December.

She was doing pretty well with the IV and her pump until Monday. She hasn't been able to keep anything down since then.

I am her older sister, and I've always taken care of her. It is so hard not to be able to fix this. I feel like she could be getting better treatment from her Dr. She was told on Tuesday when she went in for dizziness, and its "probably an ear infection." But "if you don't get better, you'll have to be admitted to the hospital." But there was no discussion on what COULD help her to make herself better.

I am pushing my parents (Denise is living with them right now. The dad is not very supportive!) to get her to see the Dr. that is the only referral Dr. for MN. Hopefully they'll get her in there, and with someone who understand how debilitating this can be, she can get the help and support she needs.

-Devin
--Looking forward to being an Aunt (not an Ant!!!)
Devin, Proud sister of Denise, mommie to be
dlhallin

Postby alabama27 » Jul 21, 2006 4:29 pm

Hi, Everybody. I think Tammie has finally made it over all the TU. She is able to hold down food now. She has found that as long as she eats within 45 min of getting up she is ok. Also, if she doesn't get too excited or tired she will be fine.
She went for US today. The baby is showing off. ITS A BOY!. The nurse said he is very proud of his penis. Everytime they looked, he was making sure everybody knew his sex.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I will keep you informed of her progress.

Grandma to Tammie :)
alabama27

Postby alabama27 » Jul 21, 2006 4:31 pm

:oops: I'm not Grandma to Tammie. I'm Grandma to Tammie's baby. But you all knew that anyway.
alabama27

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family