Update on Kaiser

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Update on Kaiser

Postby wannabemom » Jun 27, 2004 4:04 pm

I promised an update and hopefully this information can help someone. I live in the Sacramento area and our insurance is covered with Kaiser Permanente. I called and talked to their customer service who pointed me in the direction of a OB/Gyn in the original location where I would like to be seen. She put a message into his office and I got call back from a Nurse that works with him. She and I talked for 30 minutes about Hyperemesis and her knowledge of it was amazing she discussed drug options and said the Doctor would like to see me soon before I get pregnant so we can discuss options. The nurse said knowing what I have been through they can treat me correctly from the start. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I'am.

Anna you are angel for helping me I just wanted you to know I really appreciate it.
Aimee

2 time HG Survivor
Kristin 6/29/05
Brooklyn 11/20/06
wannabemom

Re: Update on Kaiser

Postby MamaLily » Jun 27, 2004 11:14 pm

Dani -

Oh, I am so thrilled! :lol: This doctor sounds great - and the fact that his nurse knows so much is a wonderful sign. Doesn't it just make sense that a doctor with HG knowledge would want to see a women BEFORE she gets pregnant? I'm so happy for you.

Please keep me updated. I'll be anxious to hear what you think of this doctor in person. It sounds GREAT!

Would you mind telling us the name of this doctor?...And also the drug options you discussed with his nurse. I'm curious to hear what approach they take with HG.

Good luck to you and please keep me posted. :D I'm so happy for you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment