Disability Insurance

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Disability Insurance

Postby ptfrog19 » Aug 01, 2007 1:31 pm

Just thought I would follow up with my earlier post regarding ALFLAC insurance. I met with the agent and all he wanted to offer me (as an individual not through an employer) was a hospital plan in the event I was hospitalized. What I was actually looking for was income replacement disability, where I would get all or a good portion of my paycheck paid to me through benefits. Through doing research and meeting with other companies I believe I have found an alternative to AFLAC. They are called Assurity. Check them out online. I met with an Allstate agent who sells these other policies as well. For minimal monthly payments I would get income reimbursement in the event I decide to get pregnant again, so having to work or being able to afford things wont be an issue for me this time around. In the event, I have to use this policy…the monthly payments do not get made…it gets wrapped into the claim and the monthly allowable benefit, based on wages. They have different levels and time frames…mine would begin after only 30 days of being out of work…and I can make a claim as soon as the policy goes into effect…no waiting period…like the 10 months that AFLAC quoted me. So anyone who is interested check them out…I recommend at least looking into it.
ptfrog19

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment