Missouri

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Missouri

Postby Laurie » Jun 06, 2004 9:10 am

My OB, Dr Lora Mills, in St. Peters, MO has been great in my treatment of HG. I know she's treated other patients with HG as well (though I've lost the most weight of anyone she's ever treated...lol). She does not resent me bringing in info I've printed from the web or info found in books, etc. She's very open and honest. Highly recommended!!
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Re: Missouri

Postby MamaLily » Jun 06, 2004 9:49 pm

Laurie -

Thanks so much for the recommendation. It's good to hear about doctors who are open to learning new things when it comes to treating patients!

Have you already signed her up on the Referral Network here?

Just out of curiosity, what are her opinions about treating HG? Steroids? Unisom/B6? PICC line? Home health? NG tube? Zofran?

Thanks!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

I signed her up on the Referral list a while back

Postby Laurie » Jun 22, 2004 7:53 pm

She was very open to me taking B6 + Unisom and didn't give me any grief with any route I wanted to pursue (i.e. she didn't immediately scoff when I mentioned alternative meds/therapies). She talked about a PICC line and home health, if it should come to that and thankfully, it didn't...close, but not too close. I know she uses Compazine (worked pretty well for me) and Zofran for sure. I didn't ask about steroids because I wasn't nearly as bad off for my 2nd pgcy and I didn't know to ask with my 1st pgcy. ;) She monitored my pgcy very closely...I had ultrasounds & appts with a high risk dr every two weeks due to my continued wt loss. And she respected my wish to continue nursing #1 throughout my pgcy. She said she would let me know if I needed to stop but with close monitoring of the baby and me, we could see things were progressing just fine. DD was 8lb, 4oz and born two weeks early (and has been very healthy), despite me losing 60lbs while pg. I was really grateful for Dr. Mills' support. Ohh, she got married last year....ummmm....oh yeah, Dr. Lindsay now. ;)
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment