Slurpees

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

Slurpees

Postby dolphinsnb » Nov 04, 2004 2:07 pm

Ok, I am totally addicted to slurpees/icees now. I think the people working at the 7-11 near my office have started to notice!

I think the slurpees work for me because they are so cold and they have a little kick to them compared to water and juice.

Also, they're not too bad coming back up! They actually make the food coming back up with them much more tolerable!

Shannon
20 weeks today!!!
8)
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Postby Gail » Nov 04, 2004 2:29 pm

That's funny. Alot of times a slurpee was all I could drink w/ both pg. I think they actually made me feel better :lol:
Mom to two girls
Sydney (6-7-95)
Lauren (10-13-99)
Lost Angel (2-9-04)

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content---Bob Dylan
Gail
Opinionated HGer

Postby emily » Nov 04, 2004 6:01 pm

I really want a slurpee. I am having a hard time with liquids today and it sounds perfect. I am calling DH to pick one up for me on the way home form work!
emily
Devoted to You

Slurpee, slurpee, slurpee!

Postby dolphinsnb » Nov 05, 2004 8:02 am

I'm telling you - I think I've had a slurpee almost everyday for the last month! Sometimes 2! There's just something about how nice and cold it is. I'm dehydrated everytime I go to the doctor. At least this is getting SOME fluids in me!

Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Postby cynthia » Dec 06, 2004 12:55 pm

Ladies --
I following your suggesting and tried a cherry frostie, which was actually white, at target yesterday. Oh my god, I had to double the zofran and I still was sick. Maybe it was the flavor, but I was hoping for nivana. I was disappointed.

-- Cynthia
cynthia

Postby dolphinsnb » Dec 06, 2004 1:05 pm

I'm sorry the slurpee didn't work for you! The white cherry is definitely not one of my favorites. And I like the ones from 7-11 better than the other varieties.... Not sure if that matters much. But flavor could have something to do with it because I had grape ONCE....yeah, that wasn't too good. But the orange cream one, the pepsi and pepsi mixed with red fanta cherry...those have been good to me.

Man, now I'm going to have to go get one today...

I hope you find something, anything that works for you!

Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Postby bibliojo » Dec 09, 2004 5:33 pm

Hi ladies,

I like the thought of slurpees since I tolerated cold stuff better than lukewarm or hot things but I found that when I was pregnant I couldn't tolerate the sweetness. I am now planning for #2 and am looking for something that isn't as sweet to add to my protocol on how to stay hydrated. I hadn't tried the 7up slurpee with my first so I thought I would give it a go about a month ago thinking that's got to be the plainest of the plain in terms of slurpees but found that it too was still too sweet and I'm not even pregnant!! :( Any suggestions?

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby dolphinsnb » Dec 10, 2004 8:32 am

I haven't tried them, but I think Sonic has some kind of slushee drink that may not be as sweet. Or what about getting one of those snow cone makers - that way you control how much syrup you put in it...

If I think of anything else, I'll post again!

Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Postby bibliojo » Dec 10, 2004 5:48 pm

Okay, I'm going to sound really ignorant right now. :oops: What exactly is a snow cone? Is it like a slurpee? I don't think we have them here in Canada. But I do like the idea of controlling the amount of syrup that goes in. Maybe I'll have to head down to the states to find myself one of these machines!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby dolphinsnb » Dec 13, 2004 8:16 am

Hhhmmm...I think a snow cone can also be called shaved ice. Basically, it's more crushed ice with syrup poured on it than a drink. The ones I've seen come in what looks like a paper ice cream cone. So, you kind of eat the flavored ice vs drinking a slurpee.

Someone else may be able to give a better description than me!

I know I've seen machines that make them. You put regular ice in them, the machine chops it up and then you add whatever flavor you want to it. Of course, I'm sure there's not a huge demand for snow cone machines in Cananda this time of year!

Here's a website I pulled up on one:
http://homeparents.about.com/library/we ... prsnow.htm

Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Postby bibliojo » Dec 16, 2004 5:57 pm

Thanks Shannon! I now know what a snow cone machine is! LOL - on the website link you gave me they had an advertisement for you Americans to buy Snow Cone Machines from us Canadians! :lol: And I didn't even know about them before reading about it on this site! I'd better get in the loop here! :)

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Foodments