If your fate is ensure-read this

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

If your fate is ensure-read this

Postby mokibeth » Oct 12, 2004 9:42 pm

Whoever invented this stuff must be crazy. 350 calories in one cup of fluid, not even fluid, goo! Anyway ensure is now my destiny and here's the only way I've found to make it tolerable. (I use tolerable SOOOO lightly) If you are really sick and haven't had your Zofran today quit reading! raspberry sherbet+ frozen raspberries+COLD vanilla ensure+blender=tolerable if you've had your Zofran. Suck it through a straw (a WIDE straw) and if at all possible pour it into a frozen cup or theral cup to keep it cold. When it gets even remotely warm...uhk! So either suck it down fast or keep it cold and go slowly, I highly suggest the latter. The one nice thing is that at this point you probably have thrown up so much that the ensure really isn't all THAT bad in reverse. (This is my opinion @ 30 weeks with lots o' zofran. Hopefully other combinations will work too, I'm just not brave enough yet.
-Casey the ensure princess
mokibeth

I Have To Agree

Postby adelmaal » Feb 01, 2005 3:31 pm

I drank Ensure with my daughter in my first pregnancy. I could only stomach the vanilla and it had to be really cold (I added Ice and drank fast). One thing about Ensure is it tastes great coming back up - LOL (in comparison with other items). It helped me for awhile...
Aryn-Leah

Alexandria Caelan, DOB 3/25/95
Cole Vincent, DOB 5/27/98
Raegan Reese, EDD July 24 2005
adelmaal
Been There Done That

Postby Jasmine » Apr 21, 2005 2:12 pm

I am SOOOOO with you on the Ensure thing...I couldn't do Ensure so I tried Boost...A little thinner than Ensure and there are a few more flavours that seemed appealing...Butter Pecan, Malted Chocolate were yummy...But then again...it is STILL hard to choke back...Partially frozen/slushy is the best way to drink them....and as fast as humanly possible...I was on Dr.s orders to drink one with each meal 4 times daily(Ha Ha she's funny, like I can ACTUALLY eat a MEAL, nevermind 4!)

Mixing it with frozen fruit is also an excellent option that makes it more tolerable...Anything at this point to gain back some of my weight...
Jasmine

Postby caty » Apr 23, 2005 3:32 pm

Anybody else think that Boost/Ensure kind of smells like formula?

caty
Been There Done That

Return to Foodments